Camshaft position sensor/Performance | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Camshaft position sensor/Performance

DonJOrdan89

Reaction score
City, State
Oakpark, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Ford Explorer
I have a 2000 ford explorer V8.
So my check engine light popped on yesterday and i was told that i had a camshaft position sensor malfunction. My truck was riding really rough once my check engine light came on. I just recenty changed mt camshaft sensor and the check engine light is still on and it shows the same problem when i get a diagnostic. The truck also runs alot better since i changed the camshaft but its still running kinda rough. Do you guys have any suggestions on what to do to make it run smoother?
Thanks Alot!

I have a 2000 ford explorer V8.
So my check engine light popped on yesterday and i was told that i had a camshaft position sensor malfunction. My truck was riding really rough once my check engine light came on. I just recenty changed mt camshaft sensor and the check engine light is still on and it shows the same problem when i get a diagnostic. The truck also runs alot better since i changed the camshaft but its still running kinda rough. Do you guys have any suggestions on what to do to make it run smoother?
Thanks Alot!

i just have to ask.
did you disconnect the battery for awhile after you swapped the CMP out to let everything reset its self? if not, try it.

yup i disconnected the battery, when i did that the engine ight was of like 10 mins then it just pops right back on. When i took it to the aozone to get checked the same problem always pops up even though i already fixed it.

Back