Can I play movies stored on my USB stick | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can I play movies stored on my USB stick

If you can't ignore distractions while driving then that does mean you have a fundamental issue with your driving skills. There are always distractions. I commend you on limiting the number of possible distractions in your vehicle since you have an inherent problem coping with them though.

I'll let you win this one buddy....as Mark Twain once stated "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience".

Have a great day my friend! :banghead:

It is a little screen that is much lower resolution than a phone or ipod, that Ford isn't going to allow you to play anyway when the car is moving. So I suspect their opinion is why bother putting a HDMI port, etc. in the thing for something you would only watch while parked....who is going to idle their car for 2.5 hours to watch a movie on that little screen. I don't even see why they bothered to put the RCA ports in.

And to all those saying there is a law against having video there...I seriously doubt it. It is more like Ford doesn't want to get sued by people who wreck watching movies.

It is a little screen that is much lower resolution than a phone or ipod, that Ford isn't going to allow you to play anyway when the car is moving. So I suspect their opinion is why bother putting a HDMI port, etc. in the thing for something you would only watch while parked....who is going to idle their car for 2.5 hours to watch a movie on that little screen. I don't even see why they bothered to put the RCA ports in.

And to all those saying there is a law against having video there...I seriously doubt it. It is more like Ford doesn't want to get sued by people who wreck watching movies.
Check out the following link on state laws for electronics use in the car. You will see that there are states that prohibit it.
Not sure if these are the most up to date laws but I would expect, if anything, updates would be more restrictive.

http://www.digitaltips.org/in-vehicle/stateLaws.asp

Peter

I know this thread is old, but I just wanted to add for your future recommendations that new iPads (ipad 4, mini), iPods, iPhones (5 and up) can not play video to the MFT screen as there is no (and likely will be no) composite video cable for the lightning connector on those devices.

Thanks for the info, 13Sport! :)

Rebecca

Back