Can i run my x prerunner for a while? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can i run my x prerunner for a while?

Josh S.

can't kick the habit
Reaction score
City, State
Seabeck, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 sport 4x4
Yo- I am beginning my superlift 5.5" install tomorrow and I have a dillemma. I am missing one of the soa bracket spring perch thing in the rear. I ordered another yesterday, but its gonna take like 2-3 weeks.

My question is, can I finish the front end and drive it around without doing the rear for a few weeks? I won't go offroading during this time, which will be hard, but I don't want to break anything or cause stress on the rear end. I could wait to do this, or just have it sit in my driveway until the bracket comes in, but I would rather drive my 93' than my sisters 99':D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just let it sit and relax... drive the sisters truck for awhile....a 6" difference like that may cuase some wierd drivability issues as well as pointing your headlights straight up and allowing you to only see sky.....

IT WONT HURT IT BUT MAN IS IT GONNA LOOK FUNNY, NOT to mention the people around you getting pissed because your headlights are reflecting off the space shuttle.....and you might not be able to see over the hood. 5.5 is a lot with nothing in the rear!!!

those drivability issues i meant was the not being able to see over the hood and trying to illuminate the bottom of 747s.....

ha ha. Thats funny. I forgot about the whole headlight thing. I guess I could just aim my hella's on the roof down a bit and it would be just right.;) Yah I'll just drive the other one for a while. At least its got more power. Thanks for the fast replies everyone...

Originally posted by 410Fortune
IT WONT HURT IT BUT MAN IS IT GONNA LOOK FUNNY, NOT to mention the people around you getting pissed because your headlights are reflecting off the space shuttle.....and you might not be able to see over the hood. 5.5 is a lot with nothing in the rear!!!
ROFLMAO the space shuttle thats great!!:D

Hey man, did you get the front end together? I didn't get any calls, did it go good? As for driving it with the rear stock, take it around the block a couple times to see what'll happen... If it handles okay run it. You won't hurt anything. It'll look pretty funny but no big deal. As for the head lights, I'm sure you can adjust them down that far. It's REALLY easy.

I dropped my transmission today. Have to send it out for a rebuild. I'm going full bore on it though and having it built for a race quality truck and motor so that hopefully I won't have any problems with it in the future.

I also cleaned the **** outta the garage today and that bracket was nowhere to be found. I swear I put it in there. You know as soon as you get the new one you'll find the old one right!!! You did look in front of your speaker box right?

Once you get your ride done and I get my tranny back in well have to go blast around the desert. I'll take you for a ride in mine. Just don't try to keep up or it'll be expensive for you. HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Khris

Well, we are almost done. I'm taking off work on Wednesday and me and my buddy are going to try to bust that ish out. Alls we gotta do is finish throwing on the radius arm drop-downs, bash on the dd pitman arm, throw on the shock and coil on the driver's side, and get that mutha f'n driver's side axle pivot bolt through the drop downbracket. BTW, those brakelines are pretty freakin' taut. I'll scope it out when I get everything on and the tires on and jack it up and see what it looks like at full travel.

I'm sure you are right about that bracket man...As soon as I get the new one in the mail and on, I'll find the old one. Oh well. Sheit those rivets are sure a pita to get off. We had to drop down both beams, which we would have had to anyway, to grind off the heads. Towards the end of the rivet action, we got smart and had Steve heat up the back side of the rivet red-hot w/ a torch, then I bashed it like hell till it came out. I'll keep you posted.

Josh

Back