Can someone explain why this tire size won't fit on stock explorer.... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can someone explain why this tire size won't fit on stock explorer....

bsu541

Reaction score
I have 17x8'' millani 452 stellar wheels, and now im looking to get new tires. Amost everywhere it says 265/70R17 is the largest tire you can fit. The exact measurement of that size tire im looking at is 31.653 x 10.833. However I found other tires that I really like, only they are 275/70R17.. their exact measurments are 32.4 x 11.2245. Would they scrape bad or would they even scrape at all?

I'm not sure what my offset is.. I'm not very technically proficient on that kind of stuff, but all I know is when I got new wheels they told me it'd make the tires stick out about 3/4 inch further than stock. Right now I have 245/65R17

Has anyone ran the larger size tires ona stock suspension? What were your results?

im runnin 275/65/17's on stock limited rims and they just sightly touch the control arm at full steering lock. so if the offest on ur rims sticks the tryes out of the guard a little bit more than u may get away with 275's without any internal rubbing

Back