Can someone tell me how to add LUBEGARD to a 2005 Ford Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can someone tell me how to add LUBEGARD to a 2005 Ford Explorer

gt183

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'05 XLT
I'm not sure about how to add this additive to my transmission. I'm not sure if I need the special tool that you use to add the transmission fluid or what. Can someone point me in the right direction?

BTW Explorer is a 4.0

I think I might have figured it out, I would just like some one's approval before I go about doing it.

I plan on filling the transmission with the LUBEGARD as you would normal transmission fluid (as described in this post).

From what I understand, the total fluid capacity of the 5R55S is 12.7 quarts. The directions on the LUBEGARD is to put 1oz of LUBEGARD in for every quart of transmission fluid your transmission has. The LUBEGARD comes in a 10oz bottle, so I plan on just putting the whole bottle in and being a little short on the mixture from what the directions call for.

After I fill the transmission with the LUBEGARD I will let the truck run for a while to let the additive mix well with the transmission fluid. Then I will open the oil level check plug to allow the extra fluid to leak out.

I would much appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.

Bingo. You got it.

Back