• Register Today It's free!

Can Stk speakers handle 50watts?

Daps

Reaction score
City, State
Jackson, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 XLS
Going to install my HU and amps hopefully this weekend...The sub amp will have RCA connections and the front door speakers will be done via line level to the amp. I don't have my door replacement speakers but was wanting to go a head and do the wiring, I'm going to use the stk wiring and also a hu harness. When I replace the door speakers I plan to get an adapter so I dont have to splice speaker wires. Can the stock door speakers handle 50 watts from my external amp? It's 50watts max not RMS. I have a 2000 cd/tape deck, no sub etc etc
Thanks
Dwyane

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

they can.....but dont expect much sound quality or bass out of them with that much power........best off to get some aftermarket speakers

Talk about quick response, gotta love this board...I'm going to replace them I just wont have them this weekend so I was just wondering if they could handle 50 watts till the ones I want to put in arrive..wont need bass out of them as thats what the 2 12" subs will be for. I guess I'm in the minority here as I think the stk speakers dont sound all that bad.. I've heard worse...i should pop the doors heck never know the owner b4 me couldve replaced the speakers with aftermarkets haha
Thanks

Just letting you know, its more common to blow speakers from overdriving with with less than their rated power than properly driving them with more than their rated power! Just dont turn it all the way up!

Keep your amp gain down and you'll be ok till you get the new ones.

If the speakers start snapping from over-excursion, turn the gain down.

Back