Can you train voice commands with Base radio w/ Sync? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can you train voice commands with Base radio w/ Sync?

metallicpea

Reaction score
City, State
Chicagoland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Ford Explorer
The only real complaint I have with the radio I have on my 2012 base model with sync / sirius option is that it has a very hard time understanding my voice commands. Intuitively, I would think there is a place I could go to repeat the list of common commands so the sync could better understand my voice. i understand it "learns" my voice, but if it can never catch when I say artist, how will it ever learn. Maybe I am missing something? Does such a voice teach option exist? How do I access? Thanks.

The only real complaint I have with the radio I have on my 2012 base model with sync / sirius option is that it has a very hard time understanding my voice commands. Intuitively, I would think there is a place I could go to repeat the list of common commands so the sync could better understand my voice. i understand it "learns" my voice, but if it can never catch when I say artist, how will it ever learn. Maybe I am missing something? Does such a voice teach option exist? How do I access? Thanks.

It's not that sophisticated. There is no "train" function.

Back