Can't buy a blend door vacuum motor for my Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can't buy a blend door vacuum motor for my Explorer

Derek Greenwood

Reaction score
City, State
Clearwater Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 Sport
Anyone know were to buy a blend door vacuum motor for a 94 explorer. It is a round can with a 5 - 6 inch rod attached. I have called Ford, Napa, Autozone and Advance Auto and checked with Rockauto but none have a listing for it anymore. AutoZone's computer indicates that it may be coming soon but I need one now.

You may be in luck. I may have mine. Have to check. It's just a vacuum activated plunger that close the rec door. Nothing really to go bad. If it's not working it's likely a broken line behind the AC controls.
I had a broken line but decide to just tie the door closed for MAX AC at all times.
I don't need heat. Also bypassed the heater core.

Mine is intermittent it works and then doesn't work and so on. Is the one you have new? If it is I will buy it from you.

Not new. Unable to find it at the moment. I don't know what I did with it. I can look some more over the weekend.
As far as I can tell it's a part you can't buy new any longer. You can test yours. Take it out & then put a hand vacuum pump on the end & apply vacuum. The plunger should activate.

Back