• Register Today It's free!

Can't Find Location of PCV Valve

RobertJC

Reaction score
City, State
San Antonio, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer
When my Check Engine Light came on after 100,000 miles, I replaced my EGR valve (as the diagnostic tool read EGR valve problems), and also replaced the spark-plugs with BOSC platinum (2 prong style). I'm going to replace the spark plug wires very soon.

So far my engine runs great. However, I simply could NOT find the location of my PCV valve!! The Haynes manual, says it is behind the backside of the left valve cover (below the upper intake manifold) on the left side.

This area has less than 6-8 inches of space to work with, and one can not view this area, because it is directly in front of the firewall!!

This seems to me, an "impossible" location not just to find, but also to have the room in order to replace it. The manual ONLY shows the general location, but not a picture of where it is actually located.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

You just have to reach back there, pull the hose off the PCV, rotate the valve and pull it off.

I'm trying to find the pcv on my 2003 explorer 4.0 and I can't find it, is it on the driver side or passenger side valve cover, ive reached all over trying to see if I could feel it but could not.

Back