Car suddenly dies | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Car suddenly dies

Cole Krueger

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Explorer xlt v6 4door
this just happened the other day and has been doing it since I have been driving my 96 Ford Explorer xlt 4x4 after driving it around my oil pressure gauge will drop and come back up to where it’s supposed to be but when I keep driving it it will do the same thing then the car dies just like when you turn it off but the check gauge and battery light comes on and when I accelerate the battery gauge voltage rises when I decelerate it drops then only goes back up and as soon as it dies I can start it again right after. The second time my car did it when I tried to start it the oil pressure gauge and the voltage gauge just kept jumping up and down from high to low and the lights would go on and off now every time it dies it’s just the oil pressure gauge that does it but the voltage gauge jumps still when accelerating and decelerateing when I had the check engine light checked at auto zone they said slow response for one oxygen sensor and the other code was insufficient flow through the egg which should not cause the car to just randomly die.

Back