carr light bar | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

carr light bar

Ok, looking at the Carr universal light bar that mounts to the rain gutter. I would appreciate any feedback on these are, does it hold on well, quality of fit and finish etc??? At $85 it's just what I'm looking for. Also with five lights up there and 2 on my brush guard, do I need to run 2 batteries???

:chug: :chug:

I bought one and couldn't install it, explorers have no rain gutter, at least hte type that this clamps on to. In order to install it you had to do some drilling or something, I opted to use the conferr roof rack instead.

hmmm, not good. I don't mind the drilling, but like you the conn ferr rock rack would make more sense. Why was it that it doesn't hook to the X's rain gutter?

:chug: :chug:

it needs like something to grip on to, the rain gutter on the explorers is basically just a channel. On the old trucks it was actually like a little lip of steel that came out, and thats what the carrs are really designed to clamp on to.

they make a kit for vehicles with out rain gutters i have one on my chev and man that thing has been through hell and back
!!!!!!!

Back