Status
Not open for further replies.

jason46

Reaction score
City, State
Traverse City
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Sport
Anyone know if there is any concern of engine codes running catless downpipes stock? I emailed PPE but haven’t got a response.
I like the idea of removing the heat from the two cats, the sound and of course the extra power.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You’ll get codes, it’ll run like trash, it’s illegal, and you’ll really gain nothing from it. Your engine absolutely isn’t hindered by the cats. It’s not remotely high performance enough for it to matter.

Is it possible to download maps for sport?

Large gains can be made from going catless, but will require a tune to reap those benefits.

it will throw a code unless you find a tuner who is willing to turn that off...not many are...

Sounds great and it'll free up that exhaust flow quite a bit.

Full Custom Exhaust

20200608_0959491.jpg

You’ll get codes, it’ll run like trash, it’s illegal, and you’ll really gain nothing from it. Your engine absolutely isn’t hindered by the cats. It’s not remotely high performance enough for it to matter.
wrong on sooo many points...basically all of them (except the illegal part..and even that depends on where you live...and what the intent is of the vehicle). It's definelty a large hinderance, and the 3.5L is a very potent platform, really only limited by the transmission and PTU...

wrong on sooo many points...basically all of them (except the illegal part..and even that depends on where you live...and what the intent is of the vehicle). It's definelty a large hinderance, and the 3.5L is a very potent platform, really only limited by the transmission and PTU...
Wrong. It’s federally illegal to tamper with emissions equipment on any vehicle driven on public roads.

No vehicle driven on public roads needs to go catless. Cars are putting down tons of horsepower with them. If you need that kind of power, start with a better power plant.

This kind of nonsense is why there are emissions inspections in the first place.

Is it possible to download maps for sport?
No, you will need a tuning device like an SCT or HPTuner. They are married to your vehicle and strategy code so not much wiggle room transferring maps from vehicle to vehicle. You'll need to find a reputable tuner who will build you a tune and then flash it onto your vehicle using the device. I can give you list of tuners to choose from if you'd like.

Whatever you do...STAY.AWAY.FROM.LIVERNOIS...

I undeleted this thread, but will close it to replies after this:

Our site has a long standing policy of killing threads which promote eliminating catalytic converters. I have no problem with doing so on a pure track vehicle, but IMO it shouldn't be done on a daily driver.

When I used to race my street car at the track I pulled the exhaust every time I hit the track, and that was a pre-emissions car. If someone wants to pull the most from their combo to see what it will do on the track, I would suggest they do the same instead of running it without a cat 24/7. It's easy enough to adjust the tune at the same time to compensate.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back