CB antenna in stock radio antenna location | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CB antenna in stock radio antenna location

Forgive me if this has been covered, but the search feature isn't working at the moment... Anyways, I was wondering how well it would work to mount a cb antenna in the place of the stock antenna. And also how big of a pain in the a$$ it would be.

I think it would be tough to find something that match up with the hole. So, you don't want a radio antenna? I guess you'd have to remove the antenna to find out the size of the hole, and see if you can get an antenna to fit it. Doesn't seem like it would be a terrible job, but not sure how you'd get to the antenna to remove, as it's probably inside the fender.

Yeah, I was just outside looking at it and scratching my head... It is inside the fender on my 98. I think I'm just going to mount it by the back hatch, or opposite the stereo antenna. I think it would be cool to just have the cb antenna where the am/fm antenna is, but it seems like it might be more trouble than its worth. Especially since I don't know how well it would work to try and use the cb antenna to receive am/am on.

I think that's the best thing.

Back