Scrog's 97 5.0 Limited | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Scrog's 97 5.0 Limited

Scrog's 97 5.0 Limited - Exhaust recommendations?

I just picked this up a few weeks ago for 3200 bucks as is, 161000km's on the odometer and Almost no rust on the frame for Canada. had 3000$ worth of maintainence done to it two weeks before I bought it.
Had a few Problems in the start with the Lights not working right but I tracked it down to the Light outage Module (LOM) and Bypassed the required pins. Now My fog lights work great But I would like to have them come on when the Parking lights are engaged.
fordnew311.jpg

fordnew310.jpg

fordnew307.jpg

fordnew313.jpg

fordnew318.jpg

fordnew354.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i like it!!! :) gonna mount the new tires on stock rims, or change to something new?

allready mounted on stock rims and on the truck, new pics coming soon.

Tire size is 31x10.50 goodyear wrangler territory

i like 'em!! I just put some 30x9.50s on mine a couple weeks ago...

That is really clean for a 97. I wish mine was that rust free...

nice x u got

Noticed on the first video, that the LEDs blink faster, but don't hyperblink, did you need a load resistor, and did it mess with the blinker inside?

DSC05034.jpg

Dood that looks hot!

Noticed on the first video, that the LEDs blink faster, but don't hyperblink, did you need a load resistor, and did it mess with the blinker inside?

Yea you need a load resistor to bring back the normal blinking rate when turning left or right, the hazards work fine without a resistor.
These really catch your attention in the daytime and and superbright at nighttime.

Sort of off topic but I am also in need of a Light outage module as my stock one looks to be unrepairable.

I would like to find a place that sells the mac catback for my truck that will ship to canada so I can order it tonight and have it hopefully by next weekend.

Yea you need a load resistor to bring back the normal blinking rate when turning left or right, the hazards work fine without a resistor.
These really catch your attention in the daytime and and superbright at nighttime.
Sort of off topic but I am also in need of a Light outage module as my stock one looks to be unrepairable.
I would like to find a place that sells the mac catback for my truck that will ship to canada so I can order it tonight and have it hopefully by next weekend.

I'm not sure about having the exhaust by next weekend, but explorer express had no problem shipping to Calgary. I believe there may be other site vendors that sell mac products as well. I've heard good things about Henson performance and he sells MAC exhaust and he is a site vendor.

Looking good man

Also removed the wing that was installed the the PO
I have also ordered e55 bi exnon projectors and clear euro headlights from streetune and will be doing a retrofit. I don't plan on blinding on coming traffic with the stock housing.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Installed lift shackles in the rear equalled about 1.75" lift in the rear, I will get around to doing the torsion twist soon.
lightbar030.jpg

lightbar007.jpg

Installed 4 5" 55w round lights on roof rack still haven't wired them up as I have to think of a place to run the wiring and also purchase some more wire.
Let me know what you think.

Back