CCR2001 UPDATED! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

CCR2001 UPDATED!

Chris what are you saying??? You've run out of logistical brain power??? You can't handle anything more??? Man I'm so disappointed...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Chris, I understand the non Explorer thing, He and I can hang back a bit when you are taking pictures. Talked briefly with Heath and MattAdams, they were ok with it. If I get no other responses, today, I'll let him know it is ok to come.

He really just needs to get rid of that Jeep and get back into a Ranger or Explorer. :)

No, haven't run out yet. :D Just wish I could get someone to finally handle those restaurant arrangements... Hey, weren't you going to work on that, Heath??? :p

One more piece of info on my friend Mike "fordtech" Leonis, He works in the Service department at a metro area dealership. He knows most anything mechanical about the fords and could lend an experienced hand incase there were any breakdowns on the trail.

Just thought I'd throw that in, incase anyone was interested.

I made reservations at the RV park in Breckenridge. They said it was only about 15 minutes from Silverthorn. We will be arriving Friday I'm not sure what are plans are for departure.

Char may fly back to Phoenix and I may go on to Moab. Anyone else still planning on going to Moab after CCR?

Rick,

Where is Char flying out from - Denver? I'm trying to figure out where my Dad should fly into. I'm assuming Denver is the closest major airport.......

I thought Vail would be better airport - closer, and not much more expensive than Denver.

There is a pilot strike looming here in denver again, I'm not sure what it will affect but I would look into it

andy

I can't wait! I'm really excited about this trip the mountains in this part of Colorado are truly spectacular. I ran Red Cone with Matt and Perry last month and we had a blast.

So let's hear the details about Holy Cross, didn't some of you run that last week?

Rick, check out the thread about explorers on holy cross.

Okay, now I am put in a quandry and have a hard decision to make. I just noticed that nothing is scheduled for Monday and no one except for me has made clear yet if they plan on staying all day Monday for a full day's run.

I have to work Friday and cannot get in until late Saturday afternoon. With the itinerary as scheduled right now the only day I will be participating in a run is Sunday. I'm not sure I want to drive nearly a thousand miles for a one day run and may need to consider cancelling. :(

Is anyone interested and able to stay and do any of the difficult trails on Monday?

I can hang around on Monday and run with you Gerald, but it depends on what you mean by a "difficult" trail... Also, if there's enough interest, we can easily plan some runs for Monday. Judging from the e-mails I received, however, it appeared most people would be heading back that day...

Gerald, I am hoping to run trails on Monday. What would you think of driving over to Salida and running Iron Chest? I figure it'll be about an hour drive (maybe less, maybe more) depending on how we're able to get over to 285. We walked iron chest for our first colorado colors run near salida but no one dared do it. This year I think people may be stupider... err... I mean more daring. LOL

I plan on being there on Monday for trail riding - Friday, too, for that matter............

Okay, it's starting to look like we'll actually still have quite a few people on Monday, so I'll plan a couple more trails... Look for them to be posted in the "CCR2001 Itinerary" thread by the end of this week! :)

Looks like Char won't be able to make it :( I'll be there Monday for sure and possibly arrive earlier as well.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What could Char possibly be doing that's as important as the Colorado Colors Run??? :rolleyes: Just kidding - that is a major bummer though! :( I mean, who can give Matt as difficult a time as Char does... :D

Back