• Register Today It's free!

Changing spark plugs 4.6L 3V

agreznik

Reaction score
City, State
Winnipeg
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Ford Explorer Sport
Does anyone have tips on changing spark plugs on a 2010 Sport Trac, 4.6L 3V? I read about broken plugs on earlier models but I understand Ford addressed this problem on post 2008 models. I just reached the 114 kms mark and would like to change my plugs. Any advice would be most welcome. Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes, you don't have anything to worry about doing plugs on your 2010. Just be sure to get the Motorcraft plugs and replace any coil boots that are discolored.

Yes, you don't have anything to worry about doing plugs on your 2010. Just be sure to get the Motorcraft plugs and replace any coil boots that are discolored.
Can someone tell me if 2009 plug change is the same as the 2010. meaning I don't have anything to worry about.
Thanks
kent

Can someone tell me if 2009 plug change is the same as the 2010. meaning I don't have anything to worry about.
Thanks
kent

same thing. 2008+ is the new brown coils and new spark plug one-piece design.

please use the search feature on the sight. there is literally 50+ threads on this.

I did use the search engine and this came up so I tagged on the end of it.
Thanks for your thoughtful reply.
Kent

Back