check engine light on 11/4

hawke25

Reaction score
City, State
lemoore,california
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 explorer sport
hey guys just joined,

cool looking site. my check engine light came on a few days ago,the code is for insificiate air flow through egr valve. went to ford got the valve,changed it and the light came back on. two questions: first is if you disconnect the battery for an hour the light goes off but will the computer remember the code was there? in other words does the code have to be erased by ford? the second is, can i do anything else to fix this problem besides the valve?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You might check the DPFE, do a search on this site using that search term and you can read about that!

Chris

mine had the EGR, TPS codes running but no dpfe code, replaced EGR and TPS and guess what? still had a CEL replaced dpfe sensor, and shazammm no CEL. strange but i wont argue.

thnx for the info

thnx a lot for the info. i have to wait until i get paid on the 15th of course. hopefully this will solve my problem. i'll keep in touch.

paul

Welcome Aboard!! Yes, 90% of the time that you get any "EGR Airflow Code" on a 2nd Gen X, it is the DPFE that needs replacing, not the EGR. The DPFE is what is telling the EGR Valve what to do, so if the EGR isn't allowing enough air, or allowing too much, it is usually because the DPFE isn't doing its job correctly. There is no such thing as a DPFE code, any problems with the DPFE will be evident through the EGR Valve airflow.

Good Luck with the replacement. It is a pretty simple job.

thanks

thanks a lot for the help guys. got paid and put the new sensor in and magic, no cel light. this website is awesome, most informative site i've ever seen on the internet.

paul

Back