Chicago Assembly Plant (CAP) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Chicago Assembly Plant (CAP)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey Ford Owners,

I found a like for those who want to see an in-depth view of where your Explorers were built!

http://www.danielackerprints.com/Journalism/Ford/14890810_bJ62QQ#1111418002_r8wCj

Enjoy!
Good work philm72.:thumbsup:
Looking at the staging area on page 4 I noticed that none of the antennas on the Explorers have that short aerial. I then checked my 2011 Explorer brochure and the aerial isn't shown there either. I wonder if that is installed by the dealership. :scratch: Also, a nice picture of the worker making a 'fine' adjustment to the liftgate latch.:D

Peter

Attachments

• PC180279a.jpg
    PC180279a.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 737

Very Very cool link and pics! Been to the Chicago Plant numerous times when they built the Taurus. Always wanted to see the plant in Kentucky when they built the 2nd gens, didnt happen.

OMG! Forget the Explorer. Did you guys see the photographer's work??? Amazing access, unbelievable talent. Go the site's home page and click on Images. It'll blow you away.

Good work philm72.:thumbsup:
Looking at the staging area on page 4 I noticed that none of the antennas on the Explorers have that short aerial. I then checked my 2011 Explorer brochure and the aerial isn't shown there either. I wonder if that is installed by the dealership. :scratch: Also, a nice picture of the worker making a 'fine' adjustment to the liftgate latch.:D

Peter

Do those pics only show the base of the antenna without the mast, like it hasn't been screwed in yet?

Photographer has alot of talent. I also learned Maze Nails are manufactured in USA-Nice!

Do those pics only show the base of the antenna without the mast, like it hasn't been screwed in yet?
That is what it looks like. That is why I wonder if the aerial (mast) itself is put on by the dealer once the Explorer is delivered.

Well gee.

I wonder why he didn't notice the finger print on the head light. Real good final inspection.

my wife snapped off the antenna on the garage door last week (the door wasn't all the way up when she drove through). the threaded bolt is broken off in the base. not sure how much that will cost to fix. She said she still gets the radio stations, etc. I haven't driven yet to assess the situation. Anyone know if that extended antenna is critical? is it just a reception quality thing?

my wife snapped off the antenna on the garage door last week (the door wasn't all the way up when she drove through). the threaded bolt is broken off in the base. not sure how much that will cost to fix. She said she still gets the radio stations, etc. I haven't driven yet to assess the situation. Anyone know if that extended antenna is critical? is it just a reception quality thing?

A little duct tape maybe?

Great pics

Use an easy out to remove the stub of broken bolt, then either replace back with stock type antenna or put a shark fin on. The shark fin will prevent her from doing it again.

Use an easy out to remove the stub of broken bolt, then either replace back with stock type antenna or put a shark fin on. The shark fin will prevent her from doing it again.

Got a chance to drive the vehicle yesterday. Satelite radio reception still comes in great, but the lack of the antenna extension definitely impacts FM and AM radio reception. Will have to have it addressed afterall.

Got a chance to drive the vehicle yesterday. Satelite radio reception still comes in great, but the lack of the antenna extension definitely impacts FM and AM radio reception. Will have to have it addressed afterall.
I believe that the base acts as the satellite signal receiver while the extension is for AM/FM reception.

Thanks for the link. Great pics to view.

Peter is correct, I dont notice any fm or am issues from the original antenna

Back