Choosing a head unit | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Choosing a head unit

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

davesexplorer said:
Just picked up an Alpine W200! tis really nice, but I can't enjoy it fully till I get my PAC-TR7 :)
Dave Very nice... This was another HU I checked out some months ago, but it was a little pricey for me at the time. Did you get it at Paul and Tony's?

Can't wait to see it installed.

CPL DOZIER Click here for pics & specs.

Yeah Paul and Tony's had it for $799, not a bad deal to get it new from an authorized dealer! I got the last W200, but they had a D310 and the older D300 left I think.. I like the Double Din look in the newer fords rather than the flip out anymore. I'll snap some pics tomorrow.

Now I'm saving for the accompanying processor, PXA-H701.

davesexplorer said:
Yeah Paul and Tony's had it for $799, not a bad deal to get it new from an authorized dealer! I got the last W200, but they had a D310 and the older D300 left I think.. I like the Double Din look in the newer fords rather than the flip out anymore. I'll snap some pics tomorrow.

Now I'm saving for the accompanying processor, PXA-H701.

That's the combo I'm using. It's SICK!!!

I also added the Alpine Blackbird for navigation. I'm using it separately (mounted to my windshied) for now because they haven't released the docking stations yet. I have one on order. That will allow me to hide the Blackbird and have it be fully controlled through the W200 touch screen. I've also added the Alpine Sirius tuner that is controlled through the head unit as well.

That's one of the things I love about Alpine - everything talks to the head unit and is controlled through the touch screen. They even make amps that can be controlled/adjusted that way.

Congrats on your purchase. That's a VERY good price.

I was guessing you got it there, cuz they're in the midst of their clearance sale. It was a lil over $1k when I was lookin in June. Congrads on the great deal :thumbsup:

Thanks for the photo's.

Mine was late.... and not relevant other than the unit itself but...

2446156_17.jpg

I just ordered my Pioneer Avic-z1. It retails for $2250, but I found it online for 1500. It's a double DIN, and has iPod, Nav, built in Hard drive, XM, serius, DVD player, and I think it even connects into the car's computer to give you some diagnostics.

I already know what it has.....If you read the thread posts, it will lead you to all the info already.
I am buying one probably on Monday, the Pioneer avic z1 online for 1400. Thanks everyone.

resellerratings.com

Looks like there is no way to find these people if they don't send you any product. I'm not saying its a scam but you should give them a while to establish themselves before shelling out over a grand.
________
vaporizer affiliate

I've never heard of them, but check out this thread from resellerratings.com.

It looks like they're fairly new. I'd definitely read over the return policy before ordering ...just to be sure.

Good luck...

Think I will order from somewhere else.

Better safe than sorry :)

Below is an email from Will Lewis from the Electronic Treasures site.

CPL DOZIER:

Hello, my name is Adam Dozier and I was in the market for the Pioneer avic-z1.
I noticed that the price you have posted is unusually low and it kind of makes me wonder about purchasing from you. How do you get prices that low, and to be honest it kind of scares me away from trying to buy from you.

WILL LEWIS:

I can tell you the prices are going up after the halloween special is over. We charge according to what we buy the items for. We only turn a small profit, and we mostly buy from companies that are closing or have dead stock and need capital. We never pay the same amount for any shipment twice so our prices are determined from our cost. I understand your concern, I always say if your not comfortable you shouldn't buy, although I would like to see you take us up on this deal you shouldn't do anything your not comfortable with. If you have any more quesitons please let us know.

Thank You.

CPL DOZIER:

Can I come to where you are located and buy from you face to face?

WILL LEWIS:

We are a wholesale company so we don't do local sales like you are inquiring about. The reason we take credit card payments only is to protect our customers as well as ourselves, this gives our customers more comfort in ordering knowing they are protected by their credit card company. Sorry we can't accommodate you but if you have any other questions please let us know.

Thank You.

Well if you pay by C.C. at least you have the chargeback/dispute option?

I am not going to buy from them. I was just posting this email. It makes it seem to me that they are a fraud. My dad lives in Pensacola, right down the street and I could have him pick it up. They said no.

Well I bought the Pioneer avic z1 today and I also bought the ipod interface for my 60 gig video ipod and I bought the Scosche installation kit. So for the double din that I just ordered do I just take out the little piece of plastic in the middle so that I can slide the whole double din sized unit in there?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah, you'll need to remove the stereo/climate control bezel from the dash. You may know this already since you've installed an aftermarket HU before, but it's fastened to the dash with only 2 bolts and 4 -6 clips.

If you're still confused on the double DIN mod, the Scosche kit comes with a decent set of instructions.

Good luck.

Back