• Register Today It's free!

Chrome Wheel Exchange?

unluky

Reaction score
City, State
Hallsville, Missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Limited
I did some searching, but unless I am just a crappy searcher I did not find a thread on this.

Anyone ever have their wheels chromed? I REALLY miss the chrome wheels I had on my Aviator. They cleaned up and looked awesome and just really set the car off. I love the 20" on my limited and love the design, but all of them I have seen the finish is less that great. They seem to dull down no matter what you do. Mine are in decent shape, but I think the chrome ones would look incredible with this wheel design.

https://www.lawheel.com/wheels-and-tires/wheel-sets-and-singles/ford-explorer-oem-20-set-of-4-chrome-wheels-3861-exchange.html

Anyone ever try a chrome exchange? They have a 5 year warranty and I have found some good reviews on them, but wondered if anyone had tried them on here.

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ohdamn!

saw same but black chromed wheels on ebay -done right like these they would be fantastic.

My BIL got a set for his Nissan Murano and they are really nice wheels. Much better looking than the stock wheels on my Murano. He said it works great. They send you the 4 wheels and you send them your old wheels. I say go for it!

maaaaaan oh man so sweet!

Nice - you might have just changed my mind to PVD chrome instead...........

Went with the PVD

I think they turned out great, wheel look awesome. They are darker on the Ex than I though, but then when you look at them these wheels are all angles and the angles reflex to behind the wheel so that was to be expected. Most chrome wheels have flat surfaces and reflex what is in front of them instead. It is also cloudy and rainy here, so that is not helping. Can't wait for a sunny day to wash up the Ex and see what they look like in full sunshine. Looked great in the box under the lights for sure.

IMG_20150603_072300.jpg

Holy hell those are sexy. I just bought my wife a gently used 2013 White Platinum Limited with the polished aluminum wheels last night. Those would top it of beautifully!

Exactly what I did. I am **** about my wheel care and the wheels on my used 2012 were in decent shape, but nothing I could ever get back to awesome. For $750 (with exchange) this was a hard option to beat!

[MENTION=263407]UnlukyMo[/MENTION] It seems I just bought what you already own. I have the same options as well... Can you post some pics when you get your wheels mounted? :) That'll be called wife incentive.

You bet. The rain finally stopped for a few hours in this rain soaked god forsaken place and I slipped out and cleaned her up. Now I really love them. Well worth the money to me! Pictures do not do them justice - they look amazing. Don't mind the dirty windows - they were cleaned right after this picture! =)

IMG_20150605_154900.jpg

IMG_20150605_154911.jpg

IMG_20150605_171039.jpg

IMG_20150605_171032.jpg

Very, very nice. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Peter

Nice new wheels, won't be there long...no wheel locks! :D

You bet. The rain finally stopped for a few hours in this rain soaked god forsaken place and I slipped out and cleaned her up. Now I really love them. Well worth the money to me! Pictures do not do them justice - they look amazing. Don't mind the dirty windows - they were cleaned right after this picture! =)

IMG_20150605_154900.jpg

IMG_20150605_154911.jpg

IMG_20150605_171039.jpg

IMG_20150605_171032.jpg

LOL - no wheel locks needed. I try not to live in crime infested areas. If I have to worry about my wheels, I am not going to live there! What wheel thief does not have the key to all the wheels anyway? This is probably my 12th car in my life and I have never had a wheel stolen - and I have had some nice spare cars in my life. Besides, that is what I pay insurance for. =)

looks sharp!

These are screaming for rim protection.

Next time tires are up for replacement for anyone, look at rim protection tires.
They have a slight flange of tire around the rim that can protect it sometimes.
Still need to watch it but its better than nothing.

There are also silicone rim liner-stick ons that use a prep liquid and come in many colors, but i dont know what the prep liquid is.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Oh, crime only happens 'someplace else'? :eek: :D
Unless you have zero deductible, it will cost you $$$, downtime, and agro.
A set of $40 McGard locks is a cheap alternative.

Wheel locks can be removed, but it will take time, and be noisy.
The time bad guys don't want to spend, and go to easier pickings.

What is your exact address? ;)

LOL - no wheel locks needed. I try not to live in crime infested areas. If I have to worry about my wheels, I am not going to live there! What wheel thief does not have the key to all the wheels anyway? This is probably my 12th car in my life and I have never had a wheel stolen - and I have had some nice spare cars in my life. Besides, that is what I pay insurance for. =)

Back