Clear bra protection - Who has done it? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Clear bra protection - Who has done it?

mdc160

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Explorer Limited
Hi,

Just got my 12 LTD and I want to put the clear bra on it before anything. Who has done it on this site who can provide insight on self install and who paid to have it done.

If paid to get it done how much is to get the front/back end done (hood, lights, bumper, grill, side panels, etc, back bumper)?

Any one recommend a brand to get for DIY kits? I see many different ones. Any help would be great.

Thanks.

I have a 12 XLT and had it installed on just the front end. Basically it covers the hood, front bumper all the way out to the fenders and the mirrors. Just having that done professionally set me back a little over 400. However, it comes with a 5 year warranty from 3M and after my trek from NM to ND I can tell you its worth every penny to have it done right. I actually haven't come across too many DIY kits, but personally I don't think I'd want to tackle it on my own. Hope that helps!

I had it done on my 2003 Accord back in late '06 after a deer strike and front end replacement. Was great at first but rocks and road debris will still damage it and get through to the paint. After a few years, I felt like the clear bra severely limited my ability to touch up the front end post damage. Wont be doing this again on my wife's 2011 Explorer or my new 12 TL.

Back