Clear Corners - How Long Before YOURS yellowed? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Clear Corners - How Long Before YOURS yellowed?

How Long Before Your Clear Corners Yellowed???

• 0 - 6 Months

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • 6 - 9 Months

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • 9 - 12 Months

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • 12 - 24 Months

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Not Yellow Yet!!!

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters

BuffaloXplorer

The X had to go!
Reaction score
City, State
Buffalo, New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 Impala SS
A fellow member has hooked me up with a set of diamond clear headlights to replace my (relatively new) headlights and to go with my clear corners.

In a little more than 1 year, i've gone through two sets of clear corners. It took 8 months before the first set and less than 5 for the other, but this time only one has yellowed.

How long did it take yours to yellow?

Have you tried anything to prevent it?

If your's are still clear, how old are they and where did you buy them from?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've had my clear corners for a little over 6mo. and still no yellowing. I got mine from procarparts.com

The clearcorners were my first "mod" in a long list of mods this past year. Got the corners in June or so and they look as good as the day I got them. I think I scored them from Makoto Auto or something like that (eBay).

Had mine for over a year and no yellow yet.

i have had my clears on from procarparts on the yota for about 7-8 months and they are still clear as when i installed them

My set on my '94 lasted about a year. The ones on my '00 lasted maybe 3 months. I just cut the orange flector out of the stockers and put the clear flector in it. A year later and still shiny.

6 months. I'm keep the oranges in for now.

Mine yellowed in 2 months. Does anyone out there make a set out there that does not yellow? Mine are made in tiwain

My issue is that the pass. side is still perfectly clear, while the driver side is yellow.

I originally bought them as replacements after an accident that cracked my pass. side, so i still had the driver side in my basement.

However, after reading Hartmans write-up about modding OEM clears i noticed that my OEM was yellow as well. I may just buy a set of OEM and try the mod.

Funny thing is that, because i didn't add any sealant to the housing, i get water in one, but it's the one that is still clear.

Anyone purchase a set/single OEM corner light online for a decent price? Not sure if the ones on ebay are any good. I have purchased non-ford oem replacement headlights online (headlightwarehouse.com) that have stayed clear for almost 2 years. I may have to try them again...

3rd Set of Clear Corners in 2 Years

Just got the new Clear Corners today from F1Sports on eBay to compliment the DiamondClears (thanks Dave!). I've sealed them up with (unfortunately) Permatex "flowable silicone windshield & glass sealer." I say unfortunately b/c there are two areas on the rear of the housing that are slightly open (guessing to allow moisture out) that i attempted to seal (keep moisture out first and don't have to worry about getting it out later). However, while letting them dry (face down to keep the silicone from dripping out of the lens/housing joint) it dripped INTO the housing and ONTO the lens - leaving a smal glob on the front lower part of lens on each light.

DOH!!!

After the initial panic, i realized that, after drying, i can pic the glob out with a surgical clamp.

Have a good one!

ive got oem clear corners 6 years old still perfect

I do alot of night driving and have a problem where my interior and exterior lights all work together so as long as a door is open the drive lights are on, so like within a year,

you can get them here from ford at about 200 bucks each

Back