cobra rims on a 92 4wd | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

cobra rims on a 92 4wd

I have a 92 sport with 4WD. I wanna get a set of either 17 or 18 inch rims. Someone told me that because of the hubs on the 4wd models that i might have to cut the center on the rims a little wider so they could fit. I was interested in getting a set of mustang cobra rims. Someone told me that mustang rims will bolt right up wothout having to be cut but i might have to use a spacer.
Does anyone know if this is true and if it is what mustang rims will fit??
Also i ahvent decided on exactly what rims i wanna get so if anyone has any suggestions let me know.
Thanks.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Search the topic... it's been brought up a million times
Pete

sorry im new and dont know too much about rims and fitment for early explorers

Actually i didnt find any info on someone putting mustang cobra wheels on an early 4wd explorer. i was just wandering if they would even be able to handle the weight of an explorer.

I've got 'em on my '96. I figure...if they're used on the Cobra R (R for Racing) then they can probably withstand the everyday driving of a street X. I have no idea about whether they would fit your X or not.

I got them on my 2000 but its not 4X4. I really dont think that they will fit your 4X4 without like a 1" spacer which isnt safe at all. You can do a search for member TBOMB who had this issue. The posts are from last summer..
Grant

Back