Coil Spring Spacers VS. Front Leveling Coils? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Coil Spring Spacers VS. Front Leveling Coils?

basilisk06

Reaction score
City, State
NV
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Ranger 4x4
Howdy,

I'm new on the post and have spent most the day looking over the old forum posts :D. But I haven't found that much info on Front Leveling Coils. We just got a '94 Ranger 4x4 and it sags SO BAD in the front. So here's my questions:

:banghead:What do you think is a better investment: 2" Spacers or Leveling Coils?

I've heard good things and bad about both spacers and leveling coils...but more on Spacers. Leveling coils sound like they'd actually fix the problem instead of "unscrewing the lightbulb" analogy, but I was hoping for more insight from those who've had experience with either method. This truck will be a daily-driver-truck when it's done. I already have the new cams and I know I'll need an alignment no matter which way I go. But I just need input on which is actually better. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it. ;)

~TJ

well all new springs will sag somewhat, if you put spacers in then you wouldn't have to worry about that. But new/longer coils would provide alittle better flex maybe...

I'd say it's a toss up. If i had the coin i'd go for coils though (i currently have f150 spacers)

I'd go with the taller coils. It just seems the better way to go.

Have you actually found some 2" spacers? I can't say I've heard of them being that tall.

Welcome to the site. :thumbsup:

Thanks!

I found some 2" spacers by DayStar. I've found them on several 4x4 websites as well as Ebay. Mako makes some 2" too, but I've only seen those offered on Ebay. I'll list the link for DayStar's website if it's okay to do so...

Thanks for the welcome!

Back