• Register Today It's free!

coil spring swap in front??

palmetto4x4

Reaction score
City, State
sumter, sc
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
Can i replace my factory coil springs with larger coil springs from a different truck/suv for added lift in the front as long as their bigger. Skyjacker makes some for a ranger and i was wondering if it would work. I reallyneed the extra lift in the front..thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Skyjacker also makes lift coils for Explorers in their lift kits. How many inches are you looking for?

at least 2 inches. i understand they make whole suspension lift kits but i just want some clearance in the front so i dont want the add a leafs or anything. i also cant find any website that just sells ford explorer coil springs.

F-150 lower springs seats from a mid 90's 2wd f-150 will give you the lift you want.

cp

thanks, what other modifications would i have to do to allow the change in spring height or would it all work out okay other than a front end alignment??

i am following along here too, and i was wondering if i could use those in my 94 x sport without needing a special camber-correcting kit, and if an alignment is necessary afterwards.

Back