Cold air intake / Exhaust | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cold air intake / Exhaust

Actually, as long as Rick posts it in the FAQ not to discuss, it, we shouldn't discuss it. Whether or not I agree with it is irrelevant, it's Rick's rule.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well, even though I am not a mod or admin, there are rules to follow. Don't like the rules? Feel free to leave.

Nobody is forcing you to stay.

But you are to abide by the rules set forth by the mods and admins of this board.

They can freely remove your right to free speech, because this is a private board.

You only need the cats for a "street legal" vehicle. I know people who don't have cats, and here in California. We have the option of registering our vehicles as "non operational". That means we do not drive it on any public street. Then there is no need for a smog check. What does that really mean? That means the vehicle is only for "off road" use. Some people drive on private properties like ranches, dirt tracks, resort parks, et cetera. For years, my family has kept an old Toyota Pre-Runner and a Jeep Wrangler where we hunt, and both of those are not "street legal".

Regardless of whether you, or I, agree with the rule on cat removal discussion ......... IT IS THE RULE.

My strong urging is to abide by it. If you want to discuss cat removal and another forum allows it, please do it there.

End of discussion.

Question...new to owning an Explorer, but what would one recommend as the best cold air intake system to install? I have an 07 XLT Sport V8? This vehicle is used for people hauling and towing the race car every once in a while.

If by some chance you take your truck into a shop and there is somehow no bung to screw in your o2 sensors after they replace your cats, you can buy an o2 sensor eliminator/simulator (also called a MIL eliminator in the mustang world) which tells the computer that everything is hunky dory on the exhaust side of things.

Or you can make your own for $5 http://www.paladinmicro.com/MustangMILEliminator.htm

If by some chance you take your truck into a shop and there is somehow no bung to screw in your o2 sensors after they replace your cats, you can buy an o2 sensor eliminator/simulator (also called a MIL eliminator in the mustang world) which tells the computer that everything is hunky dory on the exhaust side of things.

Or you can make your own for $5 http://www.paladinmicro.com/MustangMILEliminator.htm

which are not street legal.
just to note.

If by some chance you take your truck into a shop and there is somehow no bung to screw in your o2 sensors after they replace your cats

What kind of a shop would do that? They just let you drive off with a loose wire & your O2 sensor dangling?

What kind of a shop would do that? They just let you drive off with a loose wire & your O2 sensor dangling?
161emot_ughh.gif

Holy ****, amen.

Respect to the 2nd intelligent person I have met here.
(Carguy3J)

But, Rules are rules.

Back