Colindo94 front 3 link | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Colindo94 front 3 link

I decided to sell the radius arms a few weeks ago and redesign the front suspension. I will be using the same steering, trackbar, coils, and front axle, but everything else went.

The links are all made of 2" OD 1.5" ID DOM tubing. The axle end have a 3" poly bushing from ballistic. The chassis end is a 2.63" flex joint from ballistic. All of the flex joints will be adjustable, but the bushings are welded streight to the link. I'm not a hundred 100% sure of the length of the links but they will be pretty long. the lower links are going to be longer then the upper link. and the upper link is going to be a drivers side upper link.

All bracketry is made of 1/4" steel. Some are from ballistic and ruffstuff, but most will be custom made.

I've been working on the 3 link calculater a little and hours of sitting under the truck with a measuring tape trying to plan. MAny research hours. And I can use all the help I can get.

Few pics of the start
SAS_2_001.jpg

SAS_2_002.jpg

SAS_2_005.jpg

well boys... the truck sold and drove off this morning. Please stay tuned for the next project. Althought it may not be for a few years.

I hope the Ostman Brothers Fab Shop doesnt close down!

Back