Colorado Colors Run 09 | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Colorado Colors Run 09

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be excited to hang out with you Brian and Mike, and some others. I'm looking forward to it. I am actually hoping on some long term plans that would count me out for this - but if that stuff pushes back; I'm in for CCR '09! ;)

ummmm NO! once was enough until you do it full width you just don't understand

That's just insane dude! We had a T100 in our group and I thought that was crazy enough... (if memory serves at least one of his passengers got out and walked the trail - the whole way- refusing to ride in the rig). And his was about bone-stock.

It'd be cool to wheel with you Marshall, it's been quite a while. :thumbsup:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Jamie my sons first trip was at 6 months then ccr01 at like 8-9 months he slept the whole time like he was in a giant rocking chair

My wife STILL talks about that!! In fact, seeing your wife hold your son on that trip is what allowed me to convince mine to go 'wheeling when pregnant and with newborns for both kids. "But honey, rember seeing Marshal's baby on the way up to that lake?"

My wife STILL talks about that!! In fact, seeing your wife hold your son on that trip is what allowed me to convince mine to go 'wheeling when pregnant and with newborns for both kids. "But honey, rember seeing Marshal's baby on the way up to that lake?"

and to this day he still loves it!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in!!!

I was in Phoenix over the weekend, and was quite surprised to read this thread this morning! As Brian said, we were going to wait 2 more weeks...

I'm planning on being in Colorado for a week. Tentatively arriving the evening of the 30 (Sunday), and heading home the following Monday - Labor Day. I hope to do some camping, some hiking, and lots of exploring.

CCR 2009 - three months to go! :biggthump :biggthump :biggthump

Oh, one more thing -

<-- This picture was taken in Colorado, on the CCR 2000 run...

...Ouray???...Who in their right mind, would even drive that far to meet up with other people and talk car stuff???..It's gots to be a Colorado thing...:rolleyes:

I resemble that remark!

I wanted to do this run last year so want to follow it at least for now

I am keeping my eye on this trip since I am missing Moab again.

I am so trying to get my BII together, the kid has taken over the house and spare time!! LOL Of course we knew this was going to happen...I cant wait until hes big enough to help!! hahahahaha

BII needs cage, new fuel system and new radiator (already have) i should be able to pull this off, so sick of driving around seeing all these nice rigs hitting the trails, mine is collecting dust!! Ah well we do have the FJ and the Sploder, I have wheeled the sploder before, trac bars and all, it does pretty well!

Attachments

• Dana.JPG
    Dana.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 775

looks more like a plumber than a mechanic LOL

C'mon now, the diaper is covering the mandatory plumbers crack... ;-)

I was at the NRA Meeting & Exhibitions - busy all weekend. I should have extended my stay for a couple of days...

Not sure if I'll have the time off or not, but I'm 'scribing for now.

Im there! Im with Marshall though, im not into driving with 2 tires on the ground.

Has a date and a place been set yet. I want to attend this and need to put in for my time off now.

Tim

Well where is the fun if you dont live life on the edge! Black bear is the trail you talk about for a long time after you do it! Scary as all get out, you think your gonna die, you feel you must be insane to be doing it, but when it is all done and time goes by, you can say you did it, and LIVED!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

wife and I had a chance to take the FJ out this weekend, took kid to sitters, heaaded to the mountains to get lost...we found a wicked OHV area we were looking for (but didnt know where it was, long story) and we ended up on some Jeep trails for hours...it was foggy, wicked spring wheeling at 9000', little purple, yellow, orange flowers are out in CO right now... it was very surreal, the type of scenery I am used to in Moab and Utah but CO style... we got to test out her new on board air (Harbor freight $50) new 4.56 gears and ARB lockers.

Julee is hooked, 4.56 with 33's in the FJ = that sucker MOVES finally a Toyota with BA##S!! ARB lockers = I had Julee on a rock, totally flexed out, started to dig holes... firsst rear locker move forward about 2', dig new hole, then front locker... pull forward to the top of the rock.. she was like "are you sure?" hehehe I am like "yup keep going" (spotting) that was cool to see... Lockers = welcome to 4x4 baby!!

Wow that was awesome! We have not been wheeling in a while, with the wedding and the baby..........I cant WAIT!! You will find me in the garage working on the BII.....removing doors, hatch, glass, interior, and then with teh plasma cutting everything firewall forward OFF :) MUahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back