Colorado Colors Run 2000 | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Colorado Colors Run 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after having my weekend toasted by some assholes, I'm now looking for the next run to go on..

Ray Lobato - if you want to do a quick test run down to hollister before this run, let me know! I'll be more than happy to go. I'm still working on my dual shock setup (got hoops, still waiting on shocks..) Also, I'll be getting the truck back after it's dash gets rebuilt, so once this alls comes together, a quick run down to Hollister to test things out is in order.

hey gerald - if you want a real big dawg to ride with you on friday, I'm considering getting to Ouray on thursday night. Let me know; and no, I haven't made any reservations yet - I'm looking for those spots that wabbit mentioned up in the hills. (and using the hot springs showers..)

wabbit - you had mentioned el-cheapo (free?) camping in the hills. What is it? How packed is it?

Now to get the time off from work.. (shouldn't be hard todo..)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's official... I'm going!!

I will be there :bounce: :bounce:. It will be myself and my Dad in my stock Explorer. Looking foward to meeting all of you. Gerald, check the other thread for my arrival, departure, etc.

I made the reservation for a tent site at the KOA and the man did not know what I was talking about with the "Explorer Group" so hopefully I will be in the right place. Deer Creek Meadow or something like that on the far end on the loop road if that means anything to you.

[Edited by Brian1 on 08-13-2000 at 01:42 PM]

Tom, I'll be good to go Friday AM

Hey, please respond to the "ETA" thread so I can plan you into the itin; thanx! Sounds great for Friday AM. I'll have another inch of body lift and HOPEFULLY have both my front bumper and brushguard also lifted to match to help a little with my approach angle. Poughkeepsie here we come!

Oh yeah, one little thing though... can we work together a little on trying to keep our body panels intact for this run? :smoke:

Ray H., still waiting to hear from you... are you good for Poughkeepsie Gulch Friday AM?

Friday: Poughkepsie

Gerald,

Should be good for the run Fri. AM, barring any unforseen unfortunates. We should arrive Thurs. PM!

Well,
As much as I don't want to do this, I have to. I won't be making it this time. The truck is now out of the shop(tranny fixed), but I won't be able to start on the lift until Thursday, the Atlas won't be here until the 28th and I just don't have enough time to check out all the bugs if any and break in the gears properly, and I'm running out of money. :( Hope you'll have a great time and don't forget to take lots and lots of pictures.

Very sorry to hear you won't make it. I'm gonna miss you two on this trip; was really looking forward to running together again. Now it'll be up to me to figure out a way to drive all the way to Truckhaven, huh?

Ray, I'm also sorry you won't be able to make it to CO. I know Char and your wife would have had a great time. I sure hope I'm ready in time!

CO Trip

Ray,

BUMMER! We were looking forward to running with you guys too.

I was reading the ETA thread and caught the bit about what's "modified". Did I hear someone saying they were taking some mod's off to replace them with bigger ones? If so, are said persons interested in handing down parts to us wee stockers?

Brian My brother and I are thinking of going but It depends on if we get our trucks ready in time, any way would it be possible for us to cruise up with you guys? If so Let me know. Thanks Robbie BARJ44@aol.com

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. :banghead: My truck is going so d*mn slow now I can't bear it. I told him I need it done by Labor Day and he said "yeah that's what everyone wants". This is from the guy who told me it was only going to take 3 weeks. Well we are creeping up on 3 months really quick now.

What bugs me is that if he told me what he needed I could have ordered it and it would have been here. He keeps all this stuff to himself, even though I'm there at least 3 times a week.

Today he told me the rear axle was done, but I had already looked at it and it wasn't done. The internal air line needed to be hooked up, and the axles were still not installed. The front axle which was supposed to be done yesterday was still untouched. All they had done was to install the hubs into the rotors and install the wheel studs.

They are just creeping along now. I can look at what's left and tell exactly how long it should take. I'm about ready to tell them to make it roll and let me take it home to finish myself. Last week, I told Char it should be done no later than the end of this week. Right now there is no way, it will be done by then. Oh yeah, once it leaves the fab shop I need to take it to the custom exauhst shop to redo the Y-pipe which they needed to cut. I asked him when I could safely make an appointment with the shop and he said he couldn't tell yet.

What's guy to do??? :banghead:

Rick - you think THATS bad... I've been going on about 3-4 months now with ARB. THe guy spoke with em today, after finally figuring out the whole mess about "we never received it" "well it was signed for by someone, go look for it" "we don't have it, we'll look some more" "we found it but havent had time to look at it yet" today he calls and gets "well we have it now... looking at it... Ford 8.8... looks like it was pretty abused... I'll have to call you back on this one" so now I don't even know if they will warranty it! WTF!!!??? Anyways, that's where I'm at now... not a lot of fun.

Rick, 3 months :eek:! I take my truck in tomorrow and I'm already wanting it done and over with. :rolleyes: I hope it doesn't take me that long or I'd have to :shoot: someone. This sounds like the people that are putting our pool in. They started before we went on vacation and they still haven't poured the deck yet. :fire: Weeks went by and nothing was done. I'll tell you, I'm ready to :shoot: those people. :mad:

my ray of hope..

I got word today I'll be getting my truck back tomorrow, with the dash fixed, the radio replaced, and the window fixed.

Now to finish up that dual shock setup...

Here's the latest scoop on my coupe... I told him I need this thing done and that it's taking way to long to finish off the last leg of the project. He apologized and said he had to take his guys off it for the last few days to work on some emergency stuff that came in without appointments.

I can understand that as I have been the "emergency case" with him several times. What I did get out of him was a commitment to have it done and ready to drive next Wednesday. That took a big weight off my chest, I do believe him and barring and unforeseen catastrophes it will be done on time. I even went so far as to make an appointment next Wednesday to have the exhaust finished.

Here is a thread I started on August 4th describing why the project has been taking so long: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=18164

Hmmm.....

Rick, If it's not done by next Wed. Whell it outside and around to the front door. Go in and book an Emergency Appt.

You should have it done in 2 days that way.

Hey it might work?

Good Luck, I really want to see this bad boy.

Yep, I'll bring all the goodies. Hat's, videos and stickers.

Hmmm.. Good idea about the emergency gag. :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm I the only one frothing at the mouth here? I'm so excited about this trip. (After all, it's my first ORGANIZED trail ride.)

I talked to a friend of mine today at church. (I call him my friend EVEN THOUGH he's a j**pster.) We went with him on Tin Cup earlier this summer, so I know his style and tastes. He told me that Engineer's pass is not bad at all. Only narrow in a few places. He equated it to Tin Cup. (Bear in mind that he did Engineers in a K-5 Blazer with a couple of inches added. Ground clearance would not have been much of an issue for that one.) He is very envious of the trip, though and wishes everyone the best.

I should be getting my CB in this week (no loaners for this trip) as well as a front tow hook. I have the stock rear bumper with a ball hitch. Do I need to get a hook back there also? And any advice on hook placement?

Thanks a ton,
DarkMan

P.S. Kudos on getting the True Grit reservation!!! I can taste that smothered steak already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back