Colorado Colors Run 2013 - Planning and Discussion | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Colorado Colors Run 2013 - Planning and Discussion

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Some changes back on my end that might have me leaving a hour or so later on Friday. Fastest way for me to get there is going through Denver. I'll either spend Friday night in Denver or maybe up on Shrine or some such. I don't see well when it gets dark. So if it's still day light I can look for a camping spot. If it's getting dark i'll just stop in Denver and drive down Saturday morning. Delorme says it's just about 2hr.s

What time will we meet Saturday morning? I get up at 4:30 every morning back in KS (3:30 mountain time) so make the meeting time as early as you want.

I'll just be out for Saturday and Sunday. I need to drive back on Monday for work on Tuesday.

You guys finally decide to have a run up by us and we have a wedding that weekend in Oklahoma. I am really disappointed we won't be able to go. I've wanted to run some of those trails by Leadville all summer long but haven't made it over yet. Poop

gonna be starting off in Ouray with easymac on the 28th, hopefully we will be able to head to Leadville by Saturday.

What trails are we planning on running on Saturday 8/31, Sunday 9/1 and Monday 9/2? I am trying to plan my wheeling/camping/visiting schedule and it would be nice to know how to meet up with this group.

That's two of us wanting that info. I'm looking at driving in Saturday morning, moteling it Saturday night, then heading out after wheeling on Sunday.

The plan so far is to meet at the grocery store at the north end of Leadville (Safeway ?) Saturday morning. Be ready to go at 9:00 AM.

Is this list of participants correct:

Scott B.
2TimingTom
bronchole
Brian1
Happy Jack
MickeySpiers
Reapereviltwin

Is there any other ham radio operators going to be there? I could install my 2m/70cm rig in my Mountaineer, but who knows what the local repeaters are.

Who has CB's? FRS? GMRS?

I will be PMing my cell phone number to the rest of the participants and would appreciate if I could get some of your cell phone numbers so that communications can be made (where there is cell phone coverage).

I have 3 GMRS and an available CB. I have a room reserved in Denver Friday night but if folks are going to be camped Friday evening and can provide GPS on the camp site I will try to make the camp site and cancel the room. Just not wanting to search for a campsite after dark on Labor day weekend. But I can follow GPS to a location.

I have 3 GMRS and an available CB. I have a room reserved in Denver Friday night but if folks are going to be camped Friday evening and can provide GPS on the camp site I will try to make the camp site and cancel the room. Just not wanting to search for a campsite after dark on Labor day weekend. But I can follow GPS to a location.

Why don't you stay in Leadville on Friday night? It would save you the drive in the morning.

Is this list of participants correct:

Scott B.
2TimingTom
bronchole
Brian1
Happy Jack
MickeySpiers
Reapereviltwin

Is there any other ham radio operators going to be there? I could install my 2m/70cm rig in my Mountaineer, but who knows what the local repeaters are.

Who has CB's? FRS? GMRS?

I will be PMing my cell phone number to the rest of the participants and would appreciate if I could get some of your cell phone numbers so that communications can be made (where there is cell phone coverage).

CB channel 4.

Why don't you stay in Leadville on Friday night? It would save you the drive in the morning.

Guess it's all about what folks like. I like to primitive camp. But I have trouble seeing after dark and would not have much fun looking for a campsite when I arrive. I really don't like to stay in a rooming house and paying a lot for it don't make it appeal to me at all. Now some folks are different. I don't ask them why they spend hundreds of dollars to sleep for a few hours and get up and leave. Figure it's just the flavor of ice cream they like. Saturday and Sunday night I plan to primitive camp up in the mountains and enjoy what go to Colorado for.

Guess it's all about what folks like. I like to primitive camp. But I have trouble seeing after dark and would not have much fun looking for a campsite when I arrive. I really don't like to stay in a rooming house and paying a lot for it don't make it appeal to me at all. Now some folks are different. I don't ask them why they spend hundreds of dollars to sleep for a few hours and get up and leave. Figure it's just the flavor of ice cream they like. Saturday and Sunday night I plan to primitive camp up in the mountains and enjoy what go to Colorado for.

I meant stay in a room in Leadville rather than Denver.

I like to primitive camp also, but sometimes it's just works better staying in a place with a roof...

..Ice Cream?..:shifty_ey...What kind of Ice Cream?

I'm partial to butter pecan. But peach cobbler warm from the dutch oven with home made vanilla take the prize in my book.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I meant stay in a room in Leadville rather than Denver.

I like to primitive camp also, but sometimes it's just works better staying in a place with a roof...

They have rooms in Denver for 1/2 to a 1/4 what they are in Leadville. Like I wrote above, pick something you don't like to do then choose paying $40 or $80 to $160 to do it.

Really hope someone can provide GPS for a campsite. If my eyes weren't so bad at night it would not be a problem. Or if I could get out early enough to start looking for a campsite.

Back