Colorado Summer Run 2005 July 22-24 | Page 12 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Colorado Summer Run 2005 July 22-24

I will wheel the whole weekend, Fri-Sun, even if no one else is, so you will have company at least. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

rino351 said:
I will wheel the whole weekend, Fri-Sun, even if no one else is, so you will have company at least. :)

Cool. I couldn't see driving all that way for just one day of wheeling. You locked front and back. What kind of trails you plan on running?

currently I've got a Limited slip up front but I will have a locker for Moab, so I'll be locked in the rear and still have my LS up front for this run. I'll also have 35s by then as well. I'm easy on trails, I live here, I can go on anything anytime, so whatever you guys want to run... I'll do that.

Rino are you going SA? How you going to fit 35's?

if I don't have my solid in there by then, I will be chopping...
a lot
:D

Cool take pics for us that are scared to get the sawz all out.

Is anyone getting a list together of whos going, when they arriving and departing and what set up they have, kinda like Gerald does for Moab???

tenikiwon was going to, but now he may be backing out.

most likely volume 1. I have both of those books, and I use them pretty often, they have very clear directions. I really don't care where we wheel though, and by the looks of it, we won't have a HUGE group coming, so whatever is good for me. I like to wheel in areas 3, 4, and 5 in volume 1 the best. There are great trails lots of different places, so it's not like some areas are crappier than others.

Ok I'm buying Book one. Thanks.

How many people are we looking at so far?

if you are listed, please respond to if you are still coming, some were originally maybe's so post if you're plannning on coming

tenikiwon
mrboyle (maybe)
Becker69
climbnkd2
offroader_69_me
Warrlord (Larry, you're not skippin out are ya? :p)
techieman33 (maybe)
mixer314
Premier (maybe)
dukebigdog
Positive Vibes

Thats a decent sized group.

Is anyone considered a big dog?

Warrlord for sure is considered a big dog. He's locked ffront/rear with 37 iroks. offroader_69_me I think would be consideredd big dog. He has a solid axle, and I just saw his thread on wristed RA. I believe he has 35s as well
Colorado trails are different though. I think anyone who has 33's with low gears can probably get through any of the trails we might do. Obviously, not all CO trails are like that, for example 21 road out in GJ, 35's lockers front/rear, winch all required with body damage a given. But for the trails we most likely will do, anyone over 33's could probably be considered a big dog.
By that time, I will have 35's and locked in rear, so I will include myself as a big dog for this run.

I will hopefully be able to make it out, depending on how much i've gotten done to the explorer by then, it's still stock right now, i'm sure i'll have 4.10's with l/s and lockers, but as far as a lift or tires i don't know yet. I guess a lot of it depends on moab in june, and how I feel after that.

rino351 said:
Warrlord (Larry, you're not skippin out are ya? :p)

There's NO WAY you can keep me from going on this so don't even try ;) :D It's on my calendar & I have Friday the 22nd scheduled off already :D

Hopefully, there will be some folks here that can do the 2nd Annual Colorado Trail Run in May (I know YOU'RE gonna be there rino :thumbsup: ). Haven't had much responses to it from here. There's gonna be a few from RMFTC.COM, & some from TRS, & some from ZR2.com, & 1 from RRORC and he's coming from Nebraska.

:) (hint, hint) I'm not trying to hijack this thread, just hoping it will entice a few folks to check it out :D

I already asked for time off, so I'm definatley in.
Since tenikiwon may be out is anyone (rino351?) interested in taking over the planning process? NOTE: Tenikiwon, I'm not trying to take over your run but there are a lot of things still left wide open that need to be worked out.
We still need to figure out exactly where we are planning to meet and what trails we are planning to run. I know several places have been mentioned, but the area(s) talked about cover a huge section of the state. Are we going to narrow it down or are we going to meet at one location and have to drive 100+ miles just to run each trail? If no one wants to step up, I am willing to!

if you have some trails that you would like to run, by all means, list them. After everyone lists some trails, we can pick a central location.
Colorado is not like Moab where trails are right next to each other. There will be a little diving involved, but I would like to keep that at a minimum.
I'll do anything. My friends claim that I am crazy when wheeling :D , so damage doesn't really bother me, except I don't wanna :roll:
:D

Holy Cross for sure :D

I'm still planning to come out. I really enjoyed the area around Camp Hale as well as Leadville when my Dad and I wheeled there in Sept. '03. I am brining my motorcycle and may take it to the Holy Cross Wilderness and watch you 'Big Dawgs' tackle that. My truck will be locked front and rear and on 32s. I was thinking of camping in Shrine Pass which is just off I-70 at Exit 190 (just west of Copper Mountain). Although, if the group wants to go elsewhere, that's fine.

Dave.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I wasn't avoiding the thread so sorry for the lack of input... just busy with school. I am definately up on this still... and as far as I can tell I will definately be less capable than most (ie all I have is the TT/shackles, and 32" tires but I am a foot lonnnnnger than you all) :D So to speak :) Anyways I will be up for anything moderate and I am planning on camping somewhere?? If anyone more in the know on the area wants to suggest... if not I still have time to research and hopefully camp with some of you guys. Oh and I should have a large, full cooler ;)

Back