Colorado Summer Run 2005 July 22-24 | Page 13 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Colorado Summer Run 2005 July 22-24

well, i know a few runs up toward breckenridge. We could take ones that last 7-10 miles then cap at my freinds ranch in tents. (about an hour away)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Dam this thread is huge. Someone should make another thread with the details and a sign up. I could probably make it. But i have no clue when it is and where.

I'll set one up, but we need to know where we want to camp and wheel.
Once that is determined, I will go through the set-up thread, and get it all going.

JTX- July 22-24, most likley somewhere in the Aspen/Gunnison/Leadville area (I know those aren't really close, but somewhere within that triangle most likely)

rino351 said:
most likley somewhere in the Aspen/Gunnison/Leadville area (I know those aren't really close, but somewhere within that triangle most likely)

:thumbsup: Leadville area ;) :D

that's where I would pick too, just wanted to see where everyone else wants to be.
any other votes for Leadville?

All depends on weather or not I have the time and money to make it. as I am planning a trip to IN the following week.

but hope to have my warroir shakle and TT done.

Tim

Time to bring this thread near the top again :)

Should we start a new thread on this & get the destination(s) set?

I hate to have to do this since I was the one who started this but I am out for sure this year. :(

Enjoy, Have fun, be safe.... Hopefully I can make it out there next year.

Did anyone ever start a new thread? Is this run still on????

well, I think we should decide on a camping spot and then start a new thread about trails around that area.

how about somewhere in CO near a trail, somebody pick something :)

rino351 said:
I'll set one up, but we need to know where we want to camp and wheel.
Once that is determined, I will go through the set-up thread, and get it all going.

Get 'er goin' Ryan :)

I think we should decide on a trail first. There should be plenty of places to camp near whatever trail is decided upon.

Anyone have any favorite trails? Or, trails they never tried but always wanted to?

I've only ran Holy Cross once & wanna do it again sometime but it doesn't have to be Holy Cross this time. I'm up for anything (except a mild trail) ;) :)

Let's start listing trails.................... :D

I want to do something hard. Holy cross would be very fun for me to try in my ex.

I also found a trail called Halfmoon Creek or something like that. It's rated a 7, but I haven't found any pictures of the terrain. That could be a possiblity too, since they are decently close to each other.

Hey Ryan, talk to Brian1 on the board. Brian is pretty familar with the trails in CO.

I'm still a highly possible

With the new kid and all I'm kinda in and out on the site but I am still thinking about going. Work has been slow down here in Texas and not many Fords seem to be breaking so I'll just have to wait a little longer and see. I'll definitely know by July 10th if I'm in or not. Hopefully everything goes smooth and I'm there.

(note JTX I'll be forwarding that info for you soon, soory its taking so long.)

Msupertek, man was I glad to see a picture of your Ex in 4 wheel magazine!!! Nice photo (and uh, avatar).

Well I am most definately planning on this run still... And will definately be up for camping with some buddies, or uh, er mobile rock stackers ;) I am still sketching slider ideas so I should have them on, along with some skid plates... although I can attest that the gas tank is surprisingly flexible and springy. Let me know what trails anyone wants to throw out... I'll read up on Holy cross.

becker69 said:
... although I can attest that the gas tank is surprisingly flexible and springy.

HA! I'll atest to that!! :D

I think Holy Cross is definately in the works for this run.
I am still taking suggestions for other trails. I would like to get 2 or even 3 runs in on this trip.

After the Moab trip, I will hunker down and write a sign up sheet and all that good jazz.

OK so besides Holy Cross... (which I have Questions about) What other trails are those who are sure they will go.... thinking about?? I am a little concerned about the last obstacle on Holy Cross... has anyone run it fairly recently? Any insight into obstacles or bypasses?

Looking forward to culminating a list of trails all... toss some others out.

I've still got time to read up on some... not to mention my busted thumb is finally healing so I'm looking even more forward to wheelin. :D

Becker, don't even try holy cross. For the last obstacle, years ago, I needed my winch to get through it, and no one else in the group would even try it. And obstacles typically get harder with time, not easier. You won't make it, and the jeepers will get pissed at you for stacking rocks. LOL. Theres a few great trails in the area, but its been so long since I've runa ny of them, I have no idea as to there condition.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What Matt said. There's no way to climb that obstacle at French Creek without a winch - unless you're locked both front and rear, have a LOT of lift, and at least 35"+ tires. Even then you might still need a winch. It's basically a vertical wall chest-to-head high that you have to take on with wet tires coming out of the river.

And there's about three or four pretty good obstacles before you get that far that probably require 33" tires. Here's one of them.

101HolyCross14.jpg

Back