Command start, and keyless entry.. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Command start, and keyless entry..

Cyric78

Reaction score
City, State
Sherwood Park
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer Limited
I've got a 2010 Limited, and love the truck. It came with a Compustar command start that works if there's a key in the ignition, or in the column (like I've had for the last year).. I can't get the key spoofer to work..

My keyless entry pad on the door doesn't work... Never has, and I have done a bit of investigating.. Without pulling the dash apart, I've inspected wiring and connectors.. They all seem to be good.

I'm thinking they're related..

My questions are, does anyone know how these command starters are wired and installed? I don't know how to get up in the dash to check it out.. And, how to go about diagnosing the keyless entry pad..

I've got forscan, and alldatadiy, so I have access to the info, just get overwhelmed when I start digging in to it... Lol

Thank you for the help!

Okay the remote start was not installed by a compustar dealer or if it was it was a hack job. On my car the remote start box is behind the far left dash vent and light switch. To access it I can pull the vent and light switch or remove the kick panel under the steering wheel.

Now if it was my car I would take it to a compustar dealer and have them fix it correctly (its probably just a firmware problem). I don't know the price ( or if they will even charge you) but it would be worth it. go to Find a Dealer | Compustar to search for a dealer.

can you lock the doors from the key pad by pressing the 7 8 9 0 buttons at the same time? and do you have the correct code for the doors?

The install looks good.. I'm not sure where the splices were done. The main box is mounted above the steering shaft.. So hard to get a good look at anything..

The key pad does nothing. It has no light, nothing happens on any common combos. I know the door code, I looked it up with forscan..

Back