confused Jeep guy here... hub ???s | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

confused Jeep guy here... hub ???s

A-man930

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis
Ok, I'm helping a buddy out with his busted auto hubs and I'm a little lost... ok really lost. I've read through a bunch of threads on here about the manual hub conversion and I'm just not seeing how the whole assembly works... the only hubs I've messed with are on my Comanche, and it's got the vacuum center disconnect, so the hubs themselves are "engaged" all the time. We carry the Warn conversion kit at my work (NAPA), but I'm just unsure of what else I'd need to grab before we tear into these things. If anyone has any pictures or, better yet, an exploded diagram of you guys' wierdo setup that would be great ;)
Alan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

we are looking to convert to manuals... I'll read through that thread again, but iirc I still didn't quite see how everything went together. I'd just dig into it and find out the hard way if I it were mine, but he kinda has to drive it everyday :rolleyes:

I don't think he's going to be able to justify spending any more than he has to (to step up to the Jeep parts) mainly because the truck is on pavement pounding duty 99% of the time :rolleyes: I'm still having a hard time seeing how it all works... Short of tearing into one of these, which isn't gonna happen (got my own front-end issues to deal with), I think the only thing that's going to give me a clear idea as to what I'll be digging into is a good exploded diagram. C'mon, there has to be one floating around somewhere!

...i noticed that you edited your original post again....:scratch:...and i think you read pass the info i posted in post #2, as it has the part # for the stock manual hubs with price, before i mentioned the upgraded jeep hubs...the price shown reflects sold in pairs, new, and there is always the junkyard...goodluck with your project...;)

...lifeguard, i couldn't find that one earlier...:thumbsup:

Back