Considering an Explorer Sport | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Considering an Explorer Sport

...Ended up buying a Black one, with option package, etc. Pick it up tomorrow night !!!!

Congratulations, Yo Adrian! I bet I'm not the only one who can't wait to see some pictures! ;)

...I picked mine up late Friday. The weather was not cooperating hale and freezing rain, the EX drove thought it like it was dry pavement...

Sounds like some yucky weather, Brian, but your Explorer was up to the challenge! :thumbsup: Congrats on the new ride!

...I'll stick with my decision to buy the Explorer and learn to live with the steering wheel.

I'm happy to track your order for you, Obreezevic. Just send me a PM with your order number and dealer name; I'll do the rest!

Crystal

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Finally found a dealer 2 weeks ago who had one in stock to test drive. I live in Rockland NY (just north of NJ). Commuting suburbs of NYC. These things are flying out the door.

Loved the ride. As engaging a ride as the FX35 with a softer suspension. Beautiful interior. Much more fun than the Limited EX. Dealership in my area finally got one in stock yesterday. Did another test drive. Ended up buying a Black one, with option package, etc. Pick it up tomorrow night !!!!

Ha! Is that at Schultz? Black with 2nd row buckets? If so, I test drive your EX. Ended up getting a silver down on Rt 17. Pick it up tomorrow.

Ha! Is that at Schultz? Black with 2nd row buckets? If so, I test drive your EX. Ended up getting a silver down on Rt 17. Pick it up tomorrow.
Welcome to the Forum Ben Diss.:wavey:
Don't forget to post a photo when you get it. Hope you enjoy your new ride.

When you get it don't forget to update your profile with the model and year so that it will appear in the left margin by your Forum name. It will help members address any future concerns/questions you may have.

Good luck.

Peter

Took delivery last night. Have yet to see it in the day light as I had to go to work early today. Lots of fun to drive, but the technology stuff is going to take a few weeks to get used to.

Obreezevic:

I have not really had enough time to get the seats, steeering wheel, foot pedal right yet. But I do find the padding on the wheel less substantial that the infiniti's steering wheel. As far as the angle of the steering wheel . . . . will take a few months to judge . . . seems fine for now.

Ben Diss . . . Yes that is now my car.

So Ben, did you break it in GOOD for him ?!?!

creaking and popping fromt he heat dissipation after the drive ?!?!

No worries though, the wife test drove ours and it's still running strong !
that woman can wear out a set of tires in 15k miles she drives so hard :)

Took delivery last night. Have yet to see it in the day light as I had to go to work early today. Lots of fun to drive, but the technology stuff is going to take a few weeks to get used to.
You must be a fast learner then Yo Adrian. ;):thumbsup:

Peter

What a small world. I didn't abuse it and just took it for a short spin. Schultz is a good dealership, they just didn't have a silver in stock.

I'll let y'all know how it goes with the delivery tomorrow.

Too funny!! I was stuck between red & Black. Never saw the silver, I am sure it's a beauty. Good luck.

Traded in my 2008 Yukon Denali for a Sport! I love it love it LOVE IT! My husband told me I was making a bad decision, he was sooo wrong!

I went from a 2010 Lexus RX350 to my Sport. I loved my Lexus (lease was up) but I love my Sport too. I thought I was going to miss the luxury, but amazingly, the Sport feels just as luxurious to me. The Sport is definitely bigger, but I don't notice it unless I'm parking. My Sport has more options than my RX did (I loaded it up), so I'm loving things like blind spot detection and other options I didn't have on my RX. The only thing I miss from my Lexus is the joystick thingie, which was so user friendly. But the Explorer isn't bad, I'm just still getting used to it...

Congrats on the new sports ladies -guess it's officially a 'chic' car now as my wife just got one too :)

The engine and the blind spot thing are VERY cool !

The engine and the blind spot thing are VERY cool !

Haha I forgot ours had blind side assist until I read this because its so dim and it's just a little dot. On our suburban the whole car on the mirror lot up, was much brighter, and started flashing if it was illuminated while the blinker was on.

I prefer the less intrusive blind side assist. The BIS is a standard feature on the Sport in Canada. If I could have, I would have opted not to have it and saved the $500.

Picked up my EX Sport from All American on Wed. Weird thing is it had 90 miles on it. Once I got out on the highway I noticed it pulls hard to the left. Not happy. Going back this morning to have it aligned.

90 miles on a brand new car?

Picked up my EX Sport from All American on Wed. Weird thing is it had 90 miles on it. Once I got out on the highway I noticed it pulls hard to the left. Not happy. Going back this morning to have it aligned.

My 2013 Limited had 387 miles when I picked it up since it was a dealer relocate. I was NOT happy either but I had to suck it up.

Our suburban had 280 miles on it, which I didn't realize until we left on it. A $62k vehicle and almost 300 miles, I was furious. Then our Ex had 160 miles on it but that doesn't surprise me because they were hot and rare in my area. Our Grand Cherokee only had 4 miles on it, I was almost terrified to jump out into 5 'o clock traffic in LA, it was so new! Lol

Some of them are factory road tested but then they have a record of that posted on the window indicating that to explain the mileage. Perhaps yours was one of them and the dealer took the paper off the window and forgot to tell you. If that is the case it would be hard to explain why the Ex is pulling to one side unless the tire pressure is low.

Peter

Hi Ben Diss,

As others have mentioned, occasionally vehicles are selected for quality testing once they have been produced. You would see a sheet of paper either inside your vehicle or included with your purchase documentation to alert you to this fact. Regarding your steering issue, I want to get your regional customer service manager involved. Send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll get to work on your case.

Thanks!

Crystal

Thank you Crystal.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As far as the miles go, I suppose I wouldn't have been concerned if it drove well. Once I got out on the road and found it pulling left I became concerned.

I guess I'm a little edgy too because the finance guy tried to pull the VIN etching scam on me and is going to try and over charge me for the title fees. My sales guy is pretty cool and has done everything to try and make this whole deal work smoothly. Great guy. He got me into the shop early this morning and they did an alignment. Toe was off and thrust angle was off. It drives good now but I think I still sense a little left drift. I'm going to give it a couple of days to make sure it's not just me expecting it to drift left.

Overall I am just blown away with Ford products. I had no idea how far they'd come. I really love my new EX!

Back