Considering an Explorer Sport | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Considering an Explorer Sport

Ben. Mine drives like a charm. Even with your test drive I was only at 26 miles when I picked up. :) Actually I am now at about 250 miles. Other than MFT and the torque steer I love the truck. Not quite as refined as my Infiniti, but I still love the truck.

Seriously I hope all is well once you get settled in.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I picked up my Sport on Wednesday and there was only 9 km (5 miles) on it. I am pretty happy with the car. My wife loves it. So far the Sync system has been great, lots of power, lots of room and the ride is very smooth. My biggest issue with the car is the steering wheel. It's too narrow and cheap feeling. It feels and looks like it was ripped out of a minivan and rewrapped in some matching leather. I still don't like the steering wheel angle; I find my hands rest on the wheel instead of gripping the wheel. I also haven't been able to find a comfortable position for my left foot; the dead pedal is too short and narrow. The dash/door trim alignment isn't great but I was expecting that. My issues with the car are minor and I was aware of them before committing to the purchase. Overall, I like the car and hope to drive it for many years. With a better steering wheel and dead pedal, I would love the car.

I picked up my Sport on Wednesday and there was only 9 km (5 miles) on it. I am pretty happy with the car. My wife loves it. So far the Sync system has been great, lots of power, lots of room and the ride is very smooth. My biggest issue with the car is the steering wheel. It's too narrow and cheap feeling. It feels and looks like it was ripped out of a minivan and rewrapped in some matching leather. I still don't like the steering wheel angle; I find my hands rest on the wheel instead of gripping the wheel. I also haven't been able to find a comfortable position for my left foot; the dead pedal is too short and narrow. The dash/door trim alignment isn't great but I was expecting that. My issues with the car are minor and I was aware of them before committing to the purchase. Overall, I like the car and hope to drive it for many years. With a better steering wheel and dead pedal, I would love the car.

I have noticed the same things as you. Once you spend more time in it, they will become accustomed to the EX's driving experience and you'll probably forget all about it.

I totally agree on the steering wheel. very cheap feeling. My Mustang GT has a great wheel. Not sure why they cut corners here. Disappointing.

Took a drive out to Cabelas yesterday and came back with 680 miles. Getting 19 mpg so I'm pretty happy so far.

Does any one's EX Sport have a bit of valve noise when it's warm? I left the engine running and got out for something and noticed a lot ticking. I know on some engines this is normal.

I totally agree on the steering wheel. very cheap feeling. My Mustang GT has a great wheel. Not sure why they cut corners here. Disappointing.
The steering wheel is much better than the one I had in the '09 Highlander Ltd. I think it is pretty good myself but then I guess it depends what you are used to.

Peter

Back