• Register Today It's free!

Constant Vibration

Dlbutterfield

Reaction score
City, State
Tacoma,Wa
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
I have a question that hopefully someone can answer me. There is a constant vibration when I press on the gas pedal. As long as the gas pedal is compressed there is the vibration, when I let off the gas the vibration stops when I am just coasting. any ideas on what is causing this will be greatly helpful. I hope I have given enough information, thank you in advance.
David

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

U-joint? $10 each, and about 2 hours to replace if it's your first time.....
That's what fixed my vibrations. If it's throught the speed/rpm, then it's something taht rotates/moves only when the engine is running. I'd say bad tires/rims if it occured also when you were coasting....
Karl

Thats the same symptom I got when I had a bad u-joint. It was partially frozen. It felt tight when I checked it installed.. Once I took the drive shaft down, I tried to move the u-joint around and couldn't by hand.

$25 later (2 u-joints) and about 3 hours total (working in dirt, and I dont' have a vise, so I just used a hammer, sockets, and the bed of my flatbed truck as a work surface)..

~Mark

Thank you

Thank you for the information. I will have to go and try and replace the U-Joints on the Explorer this weekend. Thank you again.

David

Back