• Register Today It's free!

Control arms

E.T.

Reaction score
City, State
Ucon, ID
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Explorer XLT
Was coming down a mountain all 4x4'd up, and smashed my rear right control arm (which was bent to start with). O'Reilly's catalog says "not for 16" aluminium rims" but I can't tell the difference by looking from the part I just pulled off.. Anyone know why I should avoid putting this arm on my truck? Will it literally just not fit?
DSC_0342.JPG

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That or one from the wreckers. Turns out the O'Reilly's one only fits if I use the spare wheel. Mystery solved!

Was coming down a mountain all 4x4'd up, and smashed my rear right control arm (which was bent to start with). O'Reilly's catalog says "not for 16" aluminium rims" but I can't tell the difference by looking from the part I just pulled off.. Anyone know why I should avoid putting this arm on my truck? Will it literally just not fit?View attachment 179422
I've always heard a lot of good about Rock Auto, but personal experience? They sent me a rear toe compensator link w/a ball joint which was faulty. The blue rubber & the threaded piece sticking out of it on the ball joint, it was bent to about 12:07, whereas w/the other arm, when you screw the ball joint on, everything is in a nice, straight up & down, everything at 12:00. Again, just my personal experience.

I've always heard a lot of good about Rock Auto, but personal experience? They sent me a rear toe compensator link w/a ball joint which was faulty. The blue rubber & the threaded piece sticking out of it on the ball joint, it was bent to about 12:07, whereas w/the other arm, when you screw the ball joint on, everything is in a nice, straight up & down, everything at 12:00. Again, just my personal experience.
I'd contact RA and ask them to exchange it at their expense.

Back