correct parts #'s 4.0sohc guides & tensioners with pics... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

correct parts #'s 4.0sohc guides & tensioners with pics...

project92

Reaction score
City, State
missouri
Year, Model & Trim Level
00E.B.,93 xlt 92 xlt
okay I did not have the left/right cam problems mine was the main chain and balance shaft trouble was finding the parts numbers I searched on here the internet and the Ford dealers... finally found One out of 5 Ford dealers that knew what I need so here we go

Attachments

• tc gasket.jpg
    tc gasket.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 13,088
  • main chain ten.jpg
    main chain ten.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 13,421
  • main chain guidea.jpg
    main chain guidea.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 12,738
  • main chain guide.jpg
    main chain guide.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 12,674

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

part 2

Attachments

• bs ten.jpg
    bs ten.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 13,303
  • bsguide.jpg
    bsguide.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 12,570
  • bsguidea.jpg
    bsguidea.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 12,837
  • invoce.jpg
    invoce.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 12,710

okay you see most has there part numbers but her is a rundown...

F77Z6K297BC. BS GUIDE $11.77
2L2Z6K297AA.MAIN CHAIN GUIDE $10.85
1L2Z6L266AA. BS TENSIONER.$19.30
YL2Z6L266AA. MAIN CHAIN TENSIONER. $42.78
F77Z6020AB. TIMING CHAIN COVER $ 10.83

Other parts of interest...

YL2Z9461AA. TOP HALF OF INTAKE $1.85 EACH (6)
YL2Z9E436AA. BOTTOM GASKET OF INTAKE $4.53 EA. (2)

and don't forget the tool kit 6488 also you may need a oil pan gaskets I'll get them number later

most part are cheeper at ford becuase the local auto parts don't sell just the guides or tensioners they have to sell them in sets which includes chains and run over $100 buck a piece... you can get a whole 4 chain kit for $577 from carquest:eek:

okay the internet is good and bad...

don't get the TC gaske from ford it's 10 bucks, you can got to oreilly's and get the TC kit and get all the gaskets you need (SEE PICS BELOW)..
also the kit for the upper is cheeper at oriell's also it's just there web page doesn't show the correct set so I spent a extra 10 bucks at the Ford dealer because of this.. the kit is 14-16 at most auto parts stores (pics below..

pics of parts

Attachments

• bottom1.jpg
    bottom1.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 15,263
  • bottom1a.jpg
    bottom1a.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 12,612
  • kit.jpg
    kit.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 12,368

last set for a while

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 12,518
  • top1.jpg
    top1.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 12,381

The rear tensioner often forgotten is 7U3Z-6K254-A. That's the easiest part to change. I'll try to post the front cam chain tensioner kit later, the 00M12 kit that has the upper gaskets and check valve in it together with the kit. Good thread, a parts number list.

Thanks mate.
It's the most straight forward parts list I've found so far...
Now to find a way of getting it shipped over here ???
The cost through the dealers here is over $5000+ So I'll be doing it myself over the holidays...:thumbsup:

One Q is the tool kit 6488

Is they the tools for the timing and balancer ???
A bit shady and confused with all the info I've been reading...
Thanks in advance
:confused:

FYI, one more part and Ford number, the rear block cover(plug) is F77Z 6026 AB.

Does the intake have to come off the complete this job? I've seen a few write-ups and some indicate removal and some have no mention of it. I'd like to be able to remove just the alternator bracket, fan/waterpump/timing cover, move the PS, and radiator. :)

I'm not too worried about anything moving because I'm only planning on replacing the plastic parts and the other day I completed the 00m12 kit installation.

Yes the upper intake needs to come off to do the work, even the front stuff. You don't have to remove the radiator, just be very careful around it. get the right tool to pull the balancer, that's tricky with so little space, and the odd tool bolt sizes.

Pics?

The pics aren't showing. Were these originally posted on a photohosting site and the links are now bad?
Would be great if they worked. Otherwise, good thread.
Thanks,
Bill

The pics aren't showing.
Pics work for me.

I even singed off and pics still show so its not an Elite vs non-Elite thing.
And they're not hosted on a photo hosting site, they are attached directly attached to the reply and are hosted on this forum.

Ditto, there are lots of pictures of good new Ford parts.

That's odd. All I get are the boxes with the red X.
Most, but not all, of the other threads seem to work.
Bill

Greetings guys, my Sport Trac has been doing the death rattle and I have been doing some research. I am going to replace the two tensioner, but I keep hearing people say the check valve. Is the Check Valve a different part or is it inside the tensioner?

Thanks in advance.:)

The check valve is part of the tensioner for the left side chain. It comes in the kit YL2Z-9E473-AA which costs around $50. This was the kit used in the 00M12 owner notification program from years ago. It was used to correct the start up rattle on a cold engine when the tensioner got weak.

If you have an on-going rattle it is likely the primary timing chain that goes from the crank to the Jackshaft, although it could mean that your left tensioner is totally done and the cam chain is loose.

There you go Leo, try that YL2Z-9E473-AA for the small kit that doesn't require timing tools.

It's $44 from Tasca, but confirm that with a local Ford parts department as to content. I haven't checked on that part number, let's hope it's the one I mentioned for the left cam chain. http://www.tascafordparts.com

timing chains

good morning about the timing chains--does the engine have to be removed in order to to the job on 99 explorers 2 whl drives

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

timing chain replacement

The rear tensioner often forgotten is 7U3Z-6K254-A. That's the easiest part to change. I'll try to post the front cam chain tensioner kit later, the 00M12 kit that has the upper gaskets and check valve in it together with the kit. Good thread, a parts number list.

does the enging have to be removed to do the repair

Back