costman13's D44 SAS | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

costman13's D44 SAS

Okay guys i picked up my LP Waggy 44 last night! and have been doing nothing but reading and research for the past week or so, and still have plenty to do...

But anyways my ideas aren't too crazy, im planning on a leaf sprung set up with 35's (not sure which flavor just yet) 4.56's and a doubler. (its still a daily driver) i have a spool in the rear but will be replacing with ausie's front and rear, and still have not decided what to do about the difference in lug patterns. im not 100% sure about the leafs yeat either, maybe the waggy rancho 44044's?? or some modified TJ springs?

now how about some imput:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah you're probably right.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Correct. I've got a set of WFO hi-steer arms on another axle, but I'm trying to sell them with the axle assembly not with the extra pair of flat top knuckles.

Wow so knuckles and arms for that price? Amazing.

real good price.

Wait wait wait, I just reread this thing, so it doesnt come with the WFO arms --- sorry for the confusion!

hey iz, what offset are your wheels? as i remember they have quite a bit, if so is this for clearance issues between the tires and the lower link?

My wheels are backspaced like 2.5 inches. It's a reversed wheel meaning the front is the back and the back is the front, with the center "dish" flipped 180 degrees. I had to go this route because of the 8-lug conversion on the D44 which has a larger brake rotor, and the run-of-the-mill Chevy large single-piston caliper. And soo, the typical 4" or so backspaced 15" wheel causes interference between the wheel and the caliper.

So to answer your question, no it wasnt to clear the lower link but to clear the calipers.

My wheels are backspaced like 2.5 inches. It's a reversed wheel meaning the front is the back and the back is the front, with the center "dish" flipped 180 degrees. I had to go this route because of the 8-lug conversion on the D44 which has a larger brake rotor, and the run-of-the-mill Chevy large single-piston caliper. And soo, the typical 4" or so backspaced 15" wheel causes interference between the wheel and the caliper.

So to answer your question, no it wasnt to clear the lower link but to clear the calipers.

should have bought 17's:p:

Back