costman13's D44 SAS | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

costman13's D44 SAS

Okay guys i picked up my LP Waggy 44 last night! and have been doing nothing but reading and research for the past week or so, and still have plenty to do...

But anyways my ideas aren't too crazy, im planning on a leaf sprung set up with 35's (not sure which flavor just yet) 4.56's and a doubler. (its still a daily driver) i have a spool in the rear but will be replacing with ausie's front and rear, and still have not decided what to do about the difference in lug patterns. im not 100% sure about the leafs yeat either, maybe the waggy rancho 44044's?? or some modified TJ springs?

now how about some imput:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

[hijack]
zainyD - explain this to me, why do they call you the peppa M C?
[/hijack]

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

[hijack]
zainyD - explain this to me, why do they call you the peppa M C?
[/hijack]

Lol, you lost me on that one IZ.....

okay guys, i have some new good news.

i ordered coil seats, lower frame link mounts, axle end panhard mount and some 3in bushings. the heck with leafsprings!! they are on thier way now from ballistic fab.

i do have a question, what angle should the axle end lower link mounts be for use on a waggy 44?
i am planning on running the BC Broncos 5.5" coils but not 100% on the coil buckets yet..

soo any input on the lower link angles??

SAS_pics_0061.jpg

SAS_pics_0042.jpg

SAS_pics_0033.jpg

dont to get confused later on..

SAS_pics_0022.jpg

SAS_pics_0013.jpg

everything has been cleaned up and painted,

i have started making warrior spec. shackles, saving money for FOA 14" coilovers, have all my link bracketry, and 2"x.250" DOM for links.

sorry for the lack of progress, money is tight around the holidays.

any feedback??

any feedback??

Log out of your brother's name and sign back in. :p:

Nice work remembering to mark which cap is which. That's funny that both of your explorers are red too.

Holidays are over, get to it. :D :p:

haha yeah for some lazy reason i still am not an elite, give me a few min :D.

haha yeah the holidays seemed reeeeeal long this year.. i was starting to get the feeling all of you guys thought i was lying about this build :D

by the way, i am going to have some james duff radius arms, a front 3rd with 4.56's some 33" mastercraft mud tires, 5.5 superlift coils, f-250 shock mounts, I WILL NOT BE SELLING DROP BRACKETS(they are unsafe), rear spring over kit, and more than likely a few other goodies.

i know i have asked this too many times but for some reason i am still a bit unclear.

for the 5x4.5 to 5x5.5 swap, ill need some chevy small bearing spindles, and what ford hub/rotor assembly?? late 70's bronco or 150?

Any Ford 4wd 1/2 ton rotor/hub assembly from 77-96 will work. When I go to the parts store I just ask for 79 F150 rotors, wheel bearings, hub seals, etc.

There's a guy on Pirate who has some small bearing spindles for sale at a very good price. Here's the link:

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=643918

thanks zainy, your right, very well priced. waiting on his reply

Thanks Zainy for that link, i picked up a pair of his spindles sunday night, come to find out he lived just down the hill from me.

anybody know if i can use the stock waggy caliper bracket? i spent some time in the garage messing with them but couldnt figure out if they were gonna work with the ford brakes.

Yes, the stock Jeep caliper and caliper bracket will work. The 6 lug rotors are the same diameter as the Ford 5 lug rotors.

Updates?

By the way, do you need a set of flat top knuckle? I have a set for sale if you're interested. They're already milled/drilled/tapped and ready to go.

maybe down the road, but ill be doing 1 ton TRE's and TRE over.

not many updates. got the u-joints in the shafts yesterday :D, been reall busy with classes and work. id like to see eveybody at moab though!

Hey my truck moves now so the side yard and shop is free.

GET TO WORK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

Sorry for the high jack

How much for the flat tops?

$145 shipped to your door which is a great deal considering the machine work costs $50. Ready to go, cleaned and painted with black Rustoleum.

The are already tappered for Chevy 1 ton TRE's and came from the factory as TRE on top of the steering arm.

What steering arms are on there?

They probably dont come with hi-steer arms -- just the knuckles milled, drilled and tapped.

Thats what I though, but he talks about them being tapped for 1 ton TRE's. He must mean the stock arms.

Back