• Register Today It's free!

Cowl hood

Mounty 09

Reaction score
City, State
Nothern IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Mountaineer
Well sunday night I manged to hit a deer with my 97 mountaineer. I need a new grill, fender, and hood. I thought if for not to much more I should get a cowl hood. So does anybody know of somebody that makes them? Also I have always wanted a billet grill but nobody makes them for the mountaineer. So could I just get a grill off of a 95-01 explorer and then buy a billet insert?

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Perry's fab and fiber makes hoods, as for the grill wouldn't a billet grill off an X work, you just have to turn it upside down?

Anybody have a pic of one?

Perry's fab and fiber makes hoods, as for the grill wouldn't a billet grill off an X work, you just have to turn it upside down?

Not on '97. The grill is right side up like the Explorers. They didn't flip it until '98.

The Perry's hood will be pin on I belive.

(dead links)
hows that for u!
and its not the one from explorerexpress.com

^^^
If it is not from EE whose is it ?

up22.com but the hood is pretty much custom cus it fit like a$$
so my boss and i redid the whole hood extended both sides and cut from the front and reshaped the front
nightmare!!

if i was to do it all over id make my own out of steel kinda like pughman did

Well I sent him an e-mail asking about some things. Turns out I probably wont be getting on as the price tag is a high $450 + shipping. That is a very step price for a high school kid who doesnt have a job yet.

The EE Hood is not as Good of quality as some. I Have my $450 + $175 shipping + paint and prep work Tied up in one and the hood has had one Problem after another.

Well I deff wont get one from perry's. That is just too much money. So what doyou guys think about the up22 hood. On there site everybody has nothing bad to say about them. I really like the price.is there anything bad about a fiberglass hood? is there anybody that makes a steel cowl hood, other than EE?

Thanks

Also will a 93-97 ranger hood fit??

The EE Hood Is Fiberglass as well... My complaint about the hood is that it Cracked at the seams were the under part Seperated from the Upper part and all the Points of mounting Cracked for all the factory hood latches. Still waiting to see if EE will Warrenty there product.

Kris

Well I deff wont get one from perry's. That is just too much money. So what doyou guys think about the up22 hood. On there site everybody has nothing bad to say about them. I really like the price.is there anything bad about a fiberglass hood? is there anybody that makes a steel cowl hood, other than EE?

Thanks

Thanks

up22.com but the hood is pretty much custom cus it fit like a$$
so my boss and i redid the whole hood extended both sides and cut from the front and reshaped the front
nightmare!!

This is from post #11 in this thread.

yea it took alot of prep work to make this hood fit alot of cutting! and its glass, id rather have a steel hood
if i were u id make the hood in steel like pughman
Picture133.jpg

Picture130-1.jpg

Picture138.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A nice fiberglass hood is always a good thing just cause its lighter, the people you're talking about getting hoods from are small brand people... they're gonna make lower quality just because they don't got the expeirence, tools, and machines to do it right. there are people that do it right, but it comes at a cost i'd suggest looking at harwood, Lund, or Keystone.

Hell keystone makes a shaker hood for explorers but it looks like it only fits sport tracs

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=KRE%2DGHF%2D300&N=700+4294908331+4294907830+4294924653+4294922838+115&autoview=sku

Back