Crankshaft Position Sensor

Phredawgy

Reaction score
City, State
Sierra Vista, Arizona
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer Sport
changed CKP sensor....pulled plugs and they are soaked with fuel

at first I couldn't remove the electrical connector onthe ckp sensor but I have that changed out. I just pulled the plugs and they are soaked with fuel......what would cause this? Leaky injectors? I haven't been able to start the vehicle and am just trying to knock my way through things it could be.

2002 Ex Sport 2wd 4.0 sohc

So far so good

I don't think I actually needed a new CKPsensor but I damn sure am not going to shave off more skin taking the new one off and putting the old one back on......All the plugs were filthy soaked with gas .... so I am going to do a test of the fuel pressure and pray that my Fuel Press. Reg isn't bad and that the fuel was just from repeated attempts at starting it with no success....until yesterday afternoon. Installed new plugs and boom she started....I changed the oil...errr contents of the oilpan that most resembled black gas hehe....I just don't want to run her and damage any of the exhaust or whatnot if the FPR is bad......if it isn't then the smoking that occurred right before I shut her back off should in theory go right away after a bit of driving. Pray for me :D

Back