Cruise Control flashed but doesn't turn on. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cruise Control flashed but doesn't turn on.

jay3253

Reaction score
City, State
Ames, IA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 XLT
Need some help I turn on my cruise and hit the set button but the dash light flashes but doesn't stay on. The cruise also doesn't activate the horn works and all my lights work. What is the problem?

2000 XLT

The switch on the back of the brake master cylinder is probably at fault. Mine did the same thing when it failed. The cruise light on the dash only flashed with I tried to set it. That switch is what disengauges the cruise when the brake is applied. It fails in the closed position causing the cruise not to engauge.

The switch on the back of the brake master cylinder is probably at fault. Mine did the same thing when it failed. The cruise light on the dash only flashed with I tried to set it. That switch is what disengauges the cruise when the brake is applied. It fails in the closed position causing the cruise not to engauge.

+1:thumbsup:

Switch didn't fix it I pulled the harness with the fuses and the fuses were corroded until fail. I am going to Ford tomorrow to get a new harness.

Back