Cruise Control in 94 Explorer Sport | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cruise Control in 94 Explorer Sport

skittles

Reaction score
City, State
Williamsport, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Sport '94
my cruise control in my 94 Explorer Sport didn't work when we first bought it used... the mechanic couldn't find a problem... all the fuses and other things were working fine... then one day a month or two ago i tried it again since we got it the beginning of the summer and it worked!!

i was happy it worked and used it for about a month or less... and then one day it was having problems going into drive and sometimes reverse... check the tranny fluid and it was WAY low... added some fluid and haven't used the cruise control since...

anyone had any similar problems? any suggestions? could the cruise control have some sort of leak that would cause the tranny fluid to disappear? as you can tell i don't know much about how the cruise control works...

thanks
*smiles*
skittles

------------------
I'm just a girlie girl who *smiles* and *giggles* alot... *smiles*

I think I had sent you the schematic/troubleshooting guide of the Cruise control system once before. I also saw an earlier post about tranny fluid being sucked into the engine via a faulty vacuum modulator valve (if you're so equipped).

I'll try to re-scan the cruise system again and try to get it to you in the next coupla days.

------------------
Don't Worry about things you can control...
Don't Worry about things you cannot control.

96 Eddie Bauer AWD V8

Two other cars that aren't Explorers

Back