Cruise Control re-engaged after braking | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cruise Control re-engaged after braking

RichC_111

Reaction score
City, State
Worcester, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018, Explorer Sport
Hello all,

I have a 2018 Explorer Sport, about 61K miles, meticulously maintained.

The other day, I was driving on the highway with cruise control on, came up to my exit so applied breaks to disengage the cruise control but also to slow down for the exit. The cruise control did initially disengage, but after a few seconds it turned back on and started accelerating aggressively. I had to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting the vehicle in front of me, which again disengaged the cruise control. It did this two more times before I had to press the cruise control "off" button to completely turn it off. Brought it to the dealership to get checked out, they said there were no error codes and they test drove it and said it was working fine.

Anyone else ever come across this or thoughts on what may have caused it? It's only happened one time and the cruise control does seem to be working normally, but this odd behavior only needs to happen one time to cause an accident!

Best,

-Rich

Hi Rich. There have not been any similar reports that I am aware of. Does the 2018 have a "Cancel" button on the steering wheel? If it does, you could have tried using that instead of turning the cruise control "off".

Peter

Back