• Register Today It's free!

cruse control problem??

jlxplorer

Reaction score
City, State
citrus heights, california
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 eddie bauer limited
hey i have a 93 limited with cruise control...and it doesnt work i have checked the fuses and not quite sure where the relay is...anyone have this problem befor....i drive alot so the cruize control comes in handy sometime..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

check the vacuum connection. mine was capped at the vacuum tree, so it wouldnt work. i spent $.80 on a length of rubber fuel line, and it worked great.

Most cruise problems are the cruise amp(behind dash), the sevo(in engine bay drivers side), the switches(on steering wheel), or the vacuum lines. Mine was a bad sevo.

oh ok thanks i will check both

does this apply to my 91 sport with a 5spd?

sakundiak said:
does this apply to my 91 sport with a 5spd?

it should if ur car came factory with cruise.....and its still a gen 1 so i think is should all be the same...

yep it does apply to you, only difference is that there is a connection to the clutch that disengages cruise when you press the clutch in.

i have archived in my gmail account an excelent website on ford cruise control. it has since been taken down, but the author sent me a copy. PM me with your email if anybody wants it and ill forward it to you. theres like 5 html files and prob 1 meg in images, so its not big at all.

The easy thing to try first is to remove your steering wheel. Clean the circular copper contacts re-install wheel. Did it to mine and worked like a champ. Took about ten minutes.

Back