• Register Today It's free!

Custom Build 2022 Ford Explorer

sulzbachk

Reaction score
City, State
Ft Myers
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Explorer King Ranch
Did a build at ford.com/custom-order/ for a king ranch. Inluded for the king ranch is equipment group 701A. In 701A the trailer tow package is listed. When I configure the explorer I have to add the trailer package as an option. Why did they list that as an option outside 701A. Anybody know?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In 2022 the tow package was changed from a class III to class IV and is now an option on the King Ranch & Platinum, see attached page from the order guide
TBill

Attachments

• 2022 Explorer 4-Door Order Guide.pdf
    90.3 KB · Views: 76

In 2022 the tow package was changed from a class III to class IV and is now an option on the King Ranch & Platinum, see attached page from the order guide
TBill
Imbedded in the 701A equipment group is Trailer/tow class IV......Not III, Excuse my ignorance, but page 3 you attached doesn't even mention anything about towing.....this is all new to me. Just wondering if I'm getting a tow package when explorer arrives.....received notice that order is confirmed by Ford....tow package not listed. Ford dealer doesn't seem concerned.

1642098139221.png

Sorry, I extracted the wrong page from the order guide, here is the correct info:

The Ford web site clearly indicates that the class IV tow package is optional for an additional $545.00 Screen Shot 2022-01-13 at 12.32.54 PM.png

Attachments

• Page from 2022 Order Guide.pdf
    134 KB · Views: 390

Sorry, I extracted the wrong page from the order guide, here is the correct info:

The Ford web site clearly indicates that the class IV tow package is optional for an additional $545.00 View attachment 425445
It also clearly indicates it is part of 701A. Open up what the 701A group contains. Wish there was someone from Ford on this site who could answer.

It also clearly indicates it is part of 701A. Open up what the 701A group contains. Wish there was someone from Ford on this site who could answer.
When I go onto the Ford.com site and choose the Timberline, it only gives me the Equipment Group 800A option and it does include the Class IV tow.

Peter

When I go onto the Ford.com site and choose the Timberline, it only gives me the Equipment Group 800A option and it does include the Class IV tow.

Peter
Spoke to Ford marketing. They admitted that it is a "glitch" and will have IT take a look. We'll see..........

Well the Timberline order guide shows the class IV towing package as standard equipment:

Attachments

• Timberline Order Guide.pdf
    123.9 KB · Views: 85

Back