Cylinder Misfire 0301 and sometimes 0300 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cylinder Misfire 0301 and sometimes 0300

BreeOge

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Ranger
Ok, like an idiot I loaned my car to a friend and well he ran it totally out of gas. When I did get gas back into it and fired it up, it had a very bad misfire. After doing a compression check I found out that Cylinder 1 had 0 Compression. Upon taking off the valve cover I noticed that the intake of Cylinder 1 push rod was missing, thus I got a magnet and found it. I checked the push rod and it was still strait had no damage and did not look wore. I took it to a mechanic for a 2nd opinion, and he said it still looked good and was not bent as well. Replacing that helped my misfire some, but it was still misfiring some, but not as often. Some at idle and a lot high RPM on the interstate, where it will kick out a code. So I have since changed the Sparkplugs, Sparkplug Wires, Coil Pack, Fuel injector port on cylinder 1, Fuel filter and the DPFE sensor (Because It was tossing the 1400 code). I can not seem to find the reason of the misfire.

It keeps tossing Code 0301 and SOMETIMES not always Code 0300 and I know that is multiple misfire cylinders. I also know that in the coil pack that cylinder 1, 5 and 2, 6 and 3, 4 are linked IE fire at the same time. So I switched the sparkplug cables from 1 to 5 ect. In hopes to have the Code 301 change to a 305 however it did not. It still kicked out a code 301 and a 300 though the 300 was kicked out more at this point than the 301.

So If ANYONE has ANY idea for help I would appreciate it. Right now I am looking at maybe a bad valve spring or something messed up with the EGR system. I did check the EGR valve and it seems to be operating properly as I can tell, but no vacuum at idle in the hose. I tested the EGR valve the old fashioned way by sucking on it and making sure the plunger part raised. And dropped when pressure released.

So please has anyone else seen this problem? Or give me SOME clue what might be causing it.

Back