• Register Today It's free!

D44 carrier guts interchange?

Hotweels

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary,AB
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 EB
OK i need to know if i can use the spiders and cross pin from my 3.50 carrier in my 4.56 carrier, its a 77 F150 hp D44.
Just gotta use this for a while till i can afford the detroit :(

nope. you will need a complete 4-series carrier. i went through this with my early bronc. just save up and get the detroit.;)

Thanks James, I have done about 8 straight hours of searching and every site is different some say all D44 carriers interchange some say all ford's interchange blah blah blah.
Detroit is way to much cash for what you get in my opinion but i can save up fer a few months and buy a OX locker. my X is almost undriveable thanks to spitting out a brake pad steel backing plate 3 months after the last brake job :mad: i just threw in another set of pads so i could nurse it around for a few days, i need to get this SFA done ASAP cause my clutch in my DD is heading south fast (92 3.1 5spd cavalier 2dr pos)

i have no idea how they all interchange. i had stock 3:50's in mine, and there was no way that the 4:56's would work. went with an open 4 series carrier (freebie), and stuffed a detroit EZ locker in it.

Back